Sooo undecided upgrade drink package or not

Soccrmom65

"Does anybody know if Asti is available by the glass and if so what package it falls under?"

They have Prosecco and the Classic package covers it. :cool:

Forgive me for the stupid question, I don't buy much wine. Is Prosecco like a sparkling white (sweet) wine? If not, what do they have that is? I pretty much only like sweet sparkling wine (like spumante) or something like moscato. I like to have something like that with dinner. Otherwise, I am likely to just drink a soda.

Forgive me for the stupid question, I don't buy much wine. Is Prosecco like a sparkling white (sweet) wine? If not, what do they have that is? I pretty much only like sweet sparkling wine (like spumante) or something like moscato. I like to have something like that with dinner. Otherwise, I am likely to just drink a soda.

Prosecco is typically dry and sometimes off dry.

The upgrade package gives you the most flexibility as to drinks. We always upgrade purely for its flexibility and not having to worry about if the drink cost more than the $5/7 or whatever the cut off is on the basic package. But if you are buying the drink package and it is not included in as part of a promotion one really must think about the economics of the package and how many drinks you need to buy to break even especially if you have access to the captains club social. Another factor is the number of port days on a cruise and if you will get off the ship. Cruise ships have great historical information about each cruise and they wont loose money by not charging enough for drinks. So my advice is to think about what you like to drink and how much and will you at least break even drink wise for the additional cost. On our last cruise a 14 night cruise, we did not have a drink package and did not restrict ourselves with regards to drinks, martinis, coffee or Pelegrino water with dinner and we spent alot less then the cost for the package So my advise is think about what you want and see if it makes sense.

You will find a list of wines by the glass available in the MDR at the bottom of this page:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1979030&page=3

Thank you so much for this information...

I see Conundrum white is listed by the glass for $13. This is such a beautiful wine Is this covered on the Premium package. I have seen conflicting price cut off points... some say $12 some $13. :)

Thank you so much for this information...

I see Conundrum white is listed by the glass for $13. This is such a beautiful wine Is this covered on the Premium package. I have seen conflicting price cut off points... some say $12 some $13. :)

It's $13. Some web pages and PDF's have not been updated. If you look at the on board information sheet on The Preisman's recent Reflection review, you will see that it's in fact $13. This has also been confirmed on this board by many recent cruisers.

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#package

It's $13. Some web pages and PDF's have not been updated. If you look at the on board information sheet on The Preisman's recent Reflection review, you will see that it's in fact $13. This has also been confirmed on this board by many recent cruisers.

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#package

OH BLESS YOU!!!

I drink red wine usually and martinis, but will be nice to have a great sweet, aromatic medium bodied white wine to have with salad, app or dessert or in the afternoon. Thanks

Good to know about the soda as I would like to have a can or two to take to my room

We had the basic classic package (123GO Promotion) on the Solstice 3 February - 21 February.

We certainly could get canned soda, not just tap soda and very type of cocktail I wanted I could get, including brandy Alexanders, pina coladas margaritas, etc. If you like the martinis from the Martini Bar you cannot get them on the classic package.

My partner could have Heineken or Corona as well as some other beers, not Grolsch. The wine selection was fine with me but wine buffs might like more choice. There was a more than acceptable Syrah, Cab Sav, Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio plus a sparkling.

You could have anything from Cafe Bacio including all the specialty (alcoholic) coffees. Could also get fresh squeezed juice in the buffet plus specialty coffees.

I had previously said I would not bother buying a drinks package but this experience has changed my mind; I thought it was fantastic and would buy it in future if the 123Go Promo was not running.

After visiting the links provided and seeing the menu for the martini bar and wines by the glass I called and upgraded myself. I did not upgrade my hubby as he does not drink martinis and what he likes is covered under classic. Now if only I could find menus for my sailing I could settle my brain...yes I know crazy but I like to know everything...lol. For those that provided info and links thanks so much you helped me make one of the choices that was bugging me.....I can not wait for St. Pattys Day

Here is some info that might help with a lot of the above questions.

Link to main dining room wine list (one year old): http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

Discussion of which coffees are included in the packages and link to coffee bar menu: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39322013#post39322013

Prosecco is a while Italian sparkling wine. It is made differently from the champagne method and because of that is usually a bit less expensive, but not necessarily so. Prosecco is fermented in batches in large vats or containers while sparkling wine made under the champagne method is fermented in the bottle. Like other sparkling wines, Prosecco can be made sweet or dry but most are on the dry side. They do have a nice Cava, which I think was priced within the classic package pricing. Cava is a Spanish sparkling wine that is made using the champagne method.

Edited by Lsimon

We are waiting until we get on board. I know I will not upgrade but the wife is up in the air. There is no reason for her to upgrade now as it doesn't buy us anything. There is really no upside. She doesn't drink martini's so that is not the draw. Usually just basic drinks and frozen drinks.

Also, if I wait I can use OBC. And we really need to see if there are any drinks she wants over the classic package. If she decides on day 3 she want to upgrade then I've saved $30+ :) If she decides on her first drink then there is nothing lost we just upgrade at that time.

enjoy

The classic covers drinks up to what $ again? And the premium is what $ again? I know with premium you pay difference. Not so with classic.

Here are the details direct from Celebrity: http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

[quote name='takemewithyou']We have the classic package.
So if I want a glass of wine that costs $9.50 a glass, can I just pay the difference ($1,50) or is that not allowed?
trying to figure out if I need to upgrade to premium package....many of the wines I like cost more than $8.[/quote]

I believe you have to pay the full amount.

[quote name='takemewithyou']We have the classic package.
So if I want a glass of wine that costs $9.50 a glass, can I just pay the difference ($1,50) or is that not allowed?
trying to figure out if I need to upgrade to premium package....many of the wines I like cost more than $8.[/QUOTE]

You would have to pay the entire $9.50

This is a difference between the classic and premium package. With the premium package you only pay the excess over the per drink limit. But with classic you have to pay entire price of drinks over limit.

[quote name='Lsimon']You would have to pay the entire $9.50

This is a difference between the classic and premium package. With the premium package you only pay the excess over the per drink limit. But with classic you have to pay entire price of drinks over limit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Larry.
that is what I thought I had read once before.
guess we will be upgrading to premium.

[quote name='Little Nell']I believe you have to pay the full amount.[/QUOTE]

Can I order summer drinks from the pool bar such as those made with Malibu rum if they cost $8. How about frozen drinks if they cost $8 or Piña coladas.