***hey you!-let's talk about the Valor!.. (lol)

#croozerman

I loved the ship, loved the itinerary BUT..... would have loved having at least one more sea day!!!!

We found the slot machines to be very old, and hardly paid out at all!! I usually have at least one or two big wins ( over $100) and not a single one this cruise.

Edited by hockeyluver

Yah were excited about all the islands of course....but chill time is good too...

We're figuring to balance the day...not too long everyday off the boat...get back on and relax..

Everybody says the boat is great!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Edited by #croozerman

Our favorite ship and itinerary so far but as others have said another sea day, especially at the end, would make it even better. Don't know if they are still there but bartenders Nina and Chitta were awesome. They were at the Atrium bar when we were there. Chitta's husband Kem was a waiter and he was good too. All of the staff were friendly and seemed the happiest of any ship we've been on.

went on the Valor last year and loved it so much we are doing it again in a few weeks :D

It is a very nice ship and yes there are a lot of ports, but you keep going with COFFEE!! I highly recommend Bernard's Tours in St. Martin, we have done it once before and will be doing it again this year.

We weren't to keen on the shows, but loved the comedy and make sure you get there early to get good seats...or any seat for that matter, because it gets packed.

If you have any other specific questions I can try and help you out.

Have sailed on the Valor twice, once doing her present itinerary. Loved the whole package, but what really sold us were the crew. They were amazing on this ship. We solved the port intensive itinerary problem by doing a b2b and laying low in some ports. Loved it enough we are sailing her again next fall. P.s. the slots were extremely kind to me.

I loved the ship, loved the itinerary BUT..... would have loved having at least one more sea day!!!!

Ditto! Great itinerary. Steakhouse was great. 1 more sea day on the way back would have been awesome.

Have a great trip

Was on Valor roughly 3 months back. Best itinerary I've been on.

-Great live band (can't remember their name)

-Cast shows with live music

-Aft "adult" section always nice and chill

-No Hasbro game shows

Dislikes:

-CD Felipe. Not a bad guy, but could be annoying.

-Tube TVs in cabins. The remote occasionally didn't work and the buttons on the TV were so worn I couldn't see what they did.

-Some parts a little tired. Will be ready for dry dock soon.

-Missed the Blue Iguana Cantina & Tequila Bar. The current burrito bar they had was ok.

We're going on the Valor in Nov. Just outta curiosity what's the difference the burrito bar and the blue iguana cantina that we had on the Breeze?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For the burritos, most of the ingredients are different. The chicken didn't seem as good (I bit into a bone in one piece). Also, they just make burritos. There is no breakfast huevos rancheros, tacos, or a salsa bar. The Burrito Bar was also located mid-lido cafe on the starboard side.

I remember the rice, beans, and tortillas being the same though (minus the jalapeno tortillas specific to the Cantina).

Decent, but no Blue Iguana Cantina.

Edited by seannyice81

We're staying on deck 7 in the aft balcony.

Excellent choice.

Deck 7 is nice and quiet for the most part. I stayed in a deck 7 forward balcony cabin with a cool view of the ship's bridge wing. No noise from the shows/clubs/venues.

Great ship and itinerary like everyone else says...very port intensive but wonderful ports. Great crew.

Tips:

Ship is right up against the main street. There is a CVS when you get off the ship and to the left about a block down. Here, you can get your water, soda and wine (bring your suitcase/carryone with wheels to lug it back)

Tour of ship (cost is $95 for four hour tour and closed in shoes are required) was wonderful. You will go in many many areas of the ship where guests are not allowed, including the bridge and meeting the captain. You will get to see all areas of deck 0. Sign up first thing on embarkation day.

Debarkation party on lido deck is alot of fun.

Grab seat early for adult comedy show as lounge fills up fast.

Have a great time!

How is the food? Is there lots of open space?

Food is generally good. Scarlett's Steakhouse is excellent.

Use of space is moderate. Most areas have decent space, but some others can be prone to crowding. You'll figure out which is which really quick.

We sailed on Valor for this itinerary last May and LOVED it! This has to be one of the most scenic itineraries there is and any pictures you see will not do the scenery justice. We loved Valor but don't know what we're missing with the upgrades since we haven't sailed on a ship with the upgrades. We will this April on Liberty, but until then we don't have an opinion. We loved Valor and the staff was wonderful. I'd seen complaints before our cruise about the service going downhill but it was better than the previous cruise we were on in 2010, and it was good then but there was just something about Valor's crew. It seemed to be a more relaxed environment than other cruises we've been on but we may have lucked out with great fellow passengers that week. We didn't notice any of the obnoxious behavior I've seen some complaints about. Our Valor cruise really ranks up there as one of our favorites (our honeymoon on Festival and first cruise on a similar itinerary out of San Juan was the other) so I just hope I don't compare any future cruise to this one. It is a busy itinerary but it is well worth it. Complaints? Getting kicked off the ship when the cruise was over. :) I hope you have as good of a time as we did.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

So, I've read many forums about sneaking alcohol onto Carnival ships. In one forum, many posts mentioned how easy it was to do this, especially on the Valor. Has anyone experienced this/seen it happening? Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated!

So, I've read many forums about sneaking alcohol onto Carnival ships. In one forum, many posts mentioned how easy it was to do this, especially on the Valor. Has anyone experienced this/seen it happening? Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated!

The Valor seemed to be rather lax about alcohol, compared to the other ships I've been on. I didn't intentionally sneak alcohol on board, but when I was re-boarding the ship in Barbados, I was able to take a bottle of rum punch to my room, instead of giving it to the crew manning the alcohol table. I didn't think of it until I was at my room, but the crew in the security line didn't tell me to hand it over or anything. I don't know if they were just depending on the passengers to see the alcohol table or what. The same also happened when I was bringing some small bottles of alcohol back during the St. Maarten stop, too. Of course, I never even opened the bottles, so I didn't take advantage of it.