WiFi near ports

Damo74

Hi,

Does anyone know if WiFi is available close to ports at La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Naples?

Would be handy to get online for a few minutes after or before going back on the ship to check up with emails etc. I know you can do it online, but the prices that RC charge are pretty steep!

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Does anyone know if WiFi is available close to ports at La Spezia, Civitavecchia and Naples?

Would be handy to get online for a few minutes after or before going back on the ship to check up with emails etc. I know you can do it online, but the prices that RC charge are pretty steep!

Thanks in advance

There is wifi at Macdonalds in Civi.

At the cafe inside the port building in Naples.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Since we try to never be caught dead in McDonalds (in Europe) there is a pretty nice coffee shop/café/ice cream shop across the street from McDonalds that also has free Wifi (just ask for the code). We find this café a nicer place to sip a cappuccino then sitting in McDonalds :). There is a free port shuttle bus that will get you from ship to the main port entrance and these places are only a few minutes walk from the bus stop.

Hank

Hlitner

I agree with you about McDonalds. I try never to go to any fast food outlets, but I find McDonalds nearly always have clean toilets and these days in Europe have decent coffee. Also, all McDonalds have free wifi.

Alternatively ask a couple of crew members as they know all the free wifi places all over he world and often it is just in the cruise terminal.

• 3 weeks later...

I will just offer a good hint on how to find out where to go for Wifi. Just ask the crew. They always know the best spots closest to the ship since WiFi is how most of them keep in touch with their family. Ask your cabin stewards, waiters, and even the bar tenders.

Hank

If your phone is unlocked and uses a sim card, you could also get a prepaid data sim. They are sold in major airports, train stations and convenience stores and are country specific.

The price is much less than your US wireless plan.

You can also order them before you go for a premium but still not too bad.

I will be using prepaid zero for my trip this summer.

If your phone is unlocked and uses a sim card, you could also get a prepaid data sim. They are sold in major airports, train stations and convenience stores and are country specific.

The price is much less than your US wireless plan.

You can also order them before you go for a premium but still not too bad.

I will be using prepaid zero for my trip this summer.

Also keep in mind that your phone must work on GSM networks (some US phones only work on CDMA) and preferably be a quad freq.

Hank

Also keep in mind that your phone must work on GSM networks (some US phones only work on CDMA) and preferably be a quad freq.

Hank

Correct me if I am wrong but a CDMA only phone would not have a sim card, would it?

I know that the Verizon IPhone 5/5c/5s meets all criteria and can also be used as a hot spot for my family's other devices (IPhone 4, IPad Mini, ect.)