Post-Cruise Day on Miami Beach

michigyrl

Our flight doesn't leave from Miami until 7:45 PM the day we disembark from our cruise. I was planning on catching a cab from the port and heading with my daughter to Miami Beach for the day. I would assume it would be easy to catch a cab from the beach to get to the airport, but could anyone please confirm?

I know Miami Beach is huge...I'm still undecided as to what part we will go to. My daughter is 24. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great as well.

Thank you!

Do you have plans for your bags?

Head to South Beach. You could be dropped off on Collins or Ocean Dr or Lincoln. The area is very walkable. So if you are dropped around 15th st you can hit all the areas of interest by foot. Take a look at South Beach web sites and you'll see what I mean. Your daughter will for sure want to return to experience the area after dark.

Yes cabs are available...I'd catch one right on Collins or in front of any of the MANY hotels.

Edited by eandj

Do you have plans for your bags?

Head to South Beach. You could be dropped off on Collins or Ocean Dr or Lincoln. The area is very walkable. So if you are dropped around 15th st you can hit all the areas of interest by foot. Take a look at South Beach web sites and you'll see what I mean. Your daughter will for sure want to return to experience the area after dark.

Yes cabs are available...I'd catch one right on Collins or in front of any of the MANY hotels.

You could also cab to MIA for $24+tip, store your bags there (cannot check them with hte airline until 3-4 hours before your flight) and then catch the airport flyer bus to South Beach for $2.35 each. :cool:

My original thought was to pay to have Carnival take them to the airport for me (express luggage I think it's called?)...and then take a cab.

Also like JohninDC's idea too. I'll look into that! Thanks!