Empty space across from cabins on deck plan

celticd1

Does anyone know what the large open space is on the deck plans for the Liberty, deck 7 aft, odd side? Is it laundry? Steward's station? Thanks!

We stayed in 7445 (aft wrap) in June and the space across from 7415 on the deck plans was used by the room stewards, seems I remember laundry and cleaning supplies storage.

Edited by LostPuppy

Read this forum and now have to ask does anyone know what the grey area is across the hall from 10114 on the Sunshine is ? Is this also a Stewards room as is mentioned on the posts? Hoping its mechanical/storage. We had the gym above us on the Dream and although it was no where near a bad as the posts made it, there were a couple of mornings some idiot kept dropping the weights.

We sail April 19 and we need a quad so we will find out whats there one way or another.

Steward room and they are super noisy starting about 5am. Never again will I get a room across.

Bummer, just looked at the deck plan and we are right across from a tiny gray space. Hopefully they will use the space in the opposite hallway more. :rolleyes::mad:c

Read this forum and now have to ask does anyone know what the grey area is across the hall from 10114 on the Sunshine is ? Is this also a Stewards room as is mentioned on the posts? Hoping its mechanical/storage. We had the gym above us on the Dream and although it was no where near a bad as the posts made it, there were a couple of mornings some idiot kept dropping the weights.

We sail April 19 and we need a quad so we will find out whats there one way or another.

Just curious where you stayed on the Dream? We are booked in 11244 (balcony for us) and an inside across the hall for the kids in June. Originally I thought that was far enough away from being under the gym but I am starting to second guess myself because of the big open area above us on the deck plan. Wondering if I need to move to the other side.

Be careful if you stay across from the steward's room - VERY noisy early in the a.m. with the carts going in and out. We did that once - never again.

Steward room and they are super noisy starting about 5am. Never again will I get a room across.

Totally agree. One cruise we were directly across from a room steward's station and they were in and out of there until 2 a.m. most nights and starting back up again at 5 a.m. so about 3 hours of quiet is all. :( Thankfully I used ear plugs so they didn't bother me, but DH doesn't like them so he had to endure all their noise. Doors banging, loud talking, even singing. They didn't care at all that people were trying to sleep. :(

Usually they are inside cabins for stewards and possibly entertainers maitre d. Etc. usually higher level crew that need to be closer to the action. The doors do not open into pax hallways but rather there is an inside hallway that leads to an exit and civilization. The doorway to this hallway usually just says crew only.

Personally I like being across from this space because you will not have open cabin doors across from you so no loud pax or messy rooms to look at and listen to.

This is not to be confused with stewards supply stations which can be noisy

You can feel confident booking a cabin across from a wall

Edited by Crusin6

Totally agree. One cruise we were directly across from a room steward's station and they were in and out of there until 2 a.m. most nights and starting back up again at 5 a.m. so about 3 hours of quiet is all. :( Thankfully I used ear plugs so they didn't bother me, but DH doesn't like them so he had to endure all their noise. Doors banging, loud talking, even singing. They didn't care at all that people were trying to sleep. :(

Exactly!!!!!! It was awful!!!!!!!