Liquor you can't buy in the US

Pandabear90

XTABENTUN ARISTI PREHISPANIC LIQUOR

you can find it at La Europea in the corner of Melgar ave and calle 11,

this is the link to their website https://www.laeuropea.com.mx/productos.asp

Second this! :) Very Expensive in US if you find it. Well worth the effort to locate in Mexico.

Also look for premium mezcal's from single villages. These are great sipping liquors. And the one main importer in the US, Del Maguey (?), wants an arm and 2 legs for their labels. Check the Covi store or Mega supermarkets in San Miguel versus the DuFry shops at the pier. Look for El Tinieblo or El Zacatecano and go with the Anejos or Reposados versus the blancos.

Following this!! Going on our first cruise soon..whats the procedure for buying and bringing on board?tia

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

My liquor has always been "confiscated" when reboarding the ship after a port day. They put it in a bag with your name and cabin number on it. It used to be that you had to come down to the bottom of the ship and collect it yourself the morning you were disembarking which was kind of inconvenient. Same if you buy liquor on the ship. My last few cruises they have delivered it to our cabin the last cruise night. Never had any problems getting it through customs. Just declare it on your customs form. I think you are allowed one liter per person and more than that you have to pay duty. However, in New Orleans (and Mobile when that used to be a port) they never made us pay any duty on our extra bottles.

Don't know if you can buy this in the states but I've never seen it: Primario Mezcal Joven. Found it in Cozumel last June at a little shop near Diamonds International in San Miguel. Cost about $35. Haven't tried it yet-probably saving it for that special occasion;)

328430308_012(768x1024).jpg.b96ce4f89fea32eb4962c1bc30956acb.jpg

My liquor has always been "confiscated" when reboarding the ship after a port day. They put it in a bag with your name and cabin number on it. It used to be that you had to come down to the bottom of the ship and collect it yourself the morning you were disembarking which was kind of inconvenient. Same if you buy liquor on the ship. My last few cruises they have delivered it to our cabin the last cruise night. Never had any problems getting it through customs. Just declare it on your customs form. I think you are allowed one liter per person and more than that you have to pay duty. However, in New Orleans (and Mobile when that used to be a port) they never made us pay any duty on our extra bottles.

That's going to depend on your cruise line and their regulations. Most lines do not allow you to carry liquor back on and take it to your cabin. They will take it when you embark and send it to your cabin on the last night before you head home. Some places (like Grand Cayman) you can't even walk out of the the liquor stores with it. They will have it delivered right to the ship for you, and again you receive it on the last night.

There are a few ships that allow liquor carry-ons, like Disney. Many people have made it back on with liquor "smuggled" in, but the rules are those set forth by each individual cruise line.