Upgrade help?

Heleftherakiss

Hoping someone can explain how asking for an upgrade works. I am sailing for the first time with my mom on March 31, 4 day Bahamas trip on NCL Sky. We paid $249 for an interior room. I see on ncl.com that the price is now $199 for the interior and $249 for ocean view. Personally I don't imagine there would be a huge difference having an ocean view since I don't plan on spending much time in the room, but if there's a chance of getting any kind of credit or upgrade I'd be happy to take it. Looking for any advice on how to go about that, and if it would be smarter to wait and see what happens in another week or two. Thank you!

Hoping someone can explain how asking for an upgrade works. I am sailing for the first time with my mom on March 31, 4 day Bahamas trip on NCL Sky. We paid $249 for an interior room. I see on ncl.com that the price is now $199 for the interior and $249 for ocean view. Personally I don't imagine there would be a huge difference having an ocean view since I don't plan on spending much time in the room, but if there's a chance of getting any kind of credit or upgrade I'd be happy to take it. Looking for any advice on how to go about that, and if it would be smarter to wait and see what happens in another week or two. Thank you!

Do a mock booking at NCL to look at the locations of the available OV's to see if there are any available with staterooms above and below. If so note what stateroom numbers you would be interested in and then call either NCL or your TA, depending on who you booked with. Request an upgrade and see what happens. It usually is not hard to get an upgrade but they normally do not give OBC if there is an upgrade available. and you just don't want it. Good luck!