Just got off Pacific Pearl

taffy62

Just returned from 9 nights on Pacific Pearl retreat to the Isle of Pines.

I did this cruise last August, just thought I would share a few comments.

Few changes have happened since last August......

Rooms only get serviced once a day in the morning now no turn down at night, but our cabin steward gave us extra towels every day at our request, he told us they have to clean the public areas now so do that instead of servicing rooms twice a day.

Hosted games didn't happen this time ie Monopoly etc.

Only two theme nights instead of three.

Not so many photo opportunities with the staff ie they didn't dress up as much and stand outside the MDR.

The market days were in the Atrium not the Dome which made it very hard to get around as it was too cramped, my mum couldn't even get the wheel chair around which was disappointing.

Salt restaurant was $35 for lunch up from $30 Dinner $49 up from $40

Bus at Vila was $5 up from $3

Coconut drink was $3 up from $2

We didn't have captain Lorenzo this time :( and I didnt think the new captain was as good, he didn't inform us as much didn't tell us the swell size when it got a bit rocky one day as captain Lorenzo would explain more things during the cruise ie telling us he was going to put stabilizers out or slowing down because of weather etc. I personally liked this bit more interaction but its only my view.

Overall still good value and we still had a great time and would cruise with P&O again (this is our 3rd in the last 12 months).

The staff were still awesome and so friendly and helpful.

Cruise Director Gemma was OK and made an effort to been seen around the ship to interact with passengers when she was not working :)

Loved Conner he was awesome :)

The entertainment crew were so funny especially in the shows they preformed, so talented they put on a show on the last night singing which was great.

So I'm home now and my mind is still on the Pacific Pearl wishing I could have kept sailing onto her next stop 14 days to New Zealand :)

.... We didn't have captain Lorenzo this time :( and I didnt think the new captain was as good, he didn't inform us as much didn't tell us the swell size when it got a bit rocky one day as captain Lorenzo would explain more things during the cruise ie telling us he was going to put stabilizers out or slowing down because of weather etc...

I don't think the Pearl has stabilizers does it ? I do know that in the past it has certainly taken on water as ballast in rocky conditions.

I don't think the Pearl has stabilizers does it ? I do know that in the past it has certainly taken on water as ballast in rocky conditions.

Pacific Pearl has stabilizers and thrusters. All ships move water in their tanks for stability and passenger comfort. Actually Pacific Pearl has double bottom tanks as well which saved her from disaster when she suffered a massive hull breach on her grounding on Poundstone Rock in Alaska when she was Star Princess. If you are interested Google the US Accident Report, it is a very interesting read.