Southampton Car Rental

CPADWJ

We have always rented from National/Eurocar, which is on West Quay Road. I believe it is the closest location. We chose them because they have favorable rates on one-way rentals, and a reliable online reservation system. We have always flown in, picked up at either Glasgow or Heathrow, and dropped off at Southampton. I take my wife and our luggage to the terminal, return the car, then (depending on weather) walk or take/share a taxi back to the terminal.

It's about a mile level walk, or a 1.4 mile drive, due to one-way traffic patterns.

I did ask about pickup/dropoff service many years ago, and my recollection is that it was not offered.

If we were arriving by ship and renting a car, I'd simply have a taxi take us and our luggage from the terminal to the car rental depot. I would certainly make my reservation in advance.

Hope this helps.

We have used Europcar at West Quay Road many times and would agree they are reliable and nearby. We also just take a taxi from port to depot - or vice versa.

I have used Hertz on West Quay Rd close to Eurocar no problem drop off at LHR. Prices very good