Seriously? No Legend reviews/pics from last week?

AgileBoxer

That is FANTASTIC NEWS! I HATE that thing!!!

I think it's fantastic news that you think it is fantastic news! We were going to go on the Dream and chose the Legend instead. We've never been on a ship with one of those and were kind of bummed that we weren't going to have it to watch out on the deck at night, but I am hearing about how so many people hate it.

Is Red Frog where Satchmo's was? And where is sushi? Flat screen TV's?

THANK you so much for taking your time to do this for us!!!

Red frog is where satchmos was I believe, but this is our first time on the legend so I can't be 100% sure. The Bonzai sushi restaurant is in the main atrium on deck 2. Our balcony cabin has a new samsung flat screen tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No new menu? Tablecloths in MDR?

There is no new menu. The same MDR menu that we are used to. Tables all have tablecloths. No change there. Food has been wonderful.

Red frog is where satchmos was I believe, but this is our first time on the legend so I can't be 100% sure. The Bonzai sushi restaurant is in the main atrium on deck 2. Our balcony cabin has a new samsung flat screen tv.

Are they serving food items at the Red Frog Pub on the Legend?

We are heading back to the ship now, so I will lose wifi. I will report back, probably from Grand Cayman, for anything else I notice between now and then and then may do a full review when we return. If you have any other questions post them before Friday and I'll try to find the answer while on board. Talk to all of you soon.

There is no new menu. The same MDR menu that we are used to. Tables all have tablecloths. No change there. Food has been wonderful.

What deck are you on if you don't mind me asking?

I am hoping that ours will have the new carpet and the flat screen would be GREAT! My husband can hook up our tablet and let the kids watch a movie on the TV if it is a new one that has the new hook ups. We are going to be on Panorama deck in, 12 days!!!

Really appreciate this info. Have a great time!!

A cruiser from last week said that they were not serving food in the RFP, but they serve plantain chips with your beer :)

That was me- no food on red frog menu

Also- we did NOT have a new flats teen on deck 8 balcony room so maybe they upgrades were only on some decks?

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this thread, and especially to BullDog13 for taking time from your CRUISE to post pics and answer questions, that is AWESOME!

We sail her on May 18th. The Legend was our first, and quite frankly, I strongly feel that if we had taken some of the other ships we have been on since then instead of the Legend for our first cruise, I'm not sure we would have fallen in love with cruising as much as we have.

I can't wait to see the new and improved Legend, sans the obnoxious big screen sea side theater :D. I am also glad that was one "upgrade" that she did not suffer:). JMHO.

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/bars-lounges/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/RedFrogPubMenupdf.ashx

I stand corrected! Someone posted a pic of the red frog menu?! We drank there twice and when asked for a menu he only gave us the bar drinks....hmmm.

Enjoy !

I did see that menu before you originally posted that there was no food being served in RFP. I just figured they weren't serving it yet and just had the chips. Really, with all the food offerings on the ship, I don't know that I'd spend my money on bar food. I'd much rather spend it on their beer!

We cruised on the Legend last week in an extended aft cabin. We loved it. Bed's were so comfy. Water was calm and perfect weather every day. Ship looks great. Only saw a few guys working on the decking on the 10th deck, no major construction. Saw 2 Coast Guard medical evac's from our balcony. Amazing to see how they do it. Wasn't thrilled with the food this trip. It was just OK. Ate at both the buffet and dining room. Chopsticks was very good, but only open for lunch.

We cruised on the Legend last week in an extended aft cabin. We loved it. Bed's were so comfy. Water was calm and perfect weather every day. Ship looks great. Only saw a few guys working on the decking on the 10th deck, no major construction. Saw 2 Coast Guard medical evac's from our balcony. Amazing to see how they do it. Wasn't thrilled with the food this trip. It was just OK. Ate at both the buffet and dining room. Chopsticks was very good, but only open for lunch.

Did you take any pictures of your extended balcony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for info! Glad you enjoyed your trip. We sail in 8 days and are looking forward to it :) some questions if you don't mind..,

Did you notice new carpet or flat screen TVs in your cabin? Which deck were you on? What is Chopsticks? Did you try Bonsai Sushi and did you notice if they still had the sushi appetizer cart out before dinner at all during the cruise? Thank you!

Thanks for info! Glad you enjoyed your trip. We sail in 8 days and are looking forward to it :) some questions if you don't mind..,

Did you notice new carpet or flat screen TVs in your cabin? Which deck were you on? What is Chopsticks? Did you try Bonsai Sushi and did you notice if they still had the sushi appetizer cart out before dinner at all during the cruise? Thank you!

When we were on the cruise (Feb 23 there was no sushi appetizer cart, but they did have a taste cart; something different each day. One day samples from the Steakhouse

where is chopsticks located and do you have a memu. could not find on carnival web site

I was under the impression that Chopsticks Menu changed every day. Here are two from Zydecocruiser's Legend Photo Review:

Zydecocruiser's Carnival Legend British Isles Cruise, Sept 13-25, 2013 Photo Review Sargent_Schultz 10/7/2013 Chopsticks Menu for the Day ....... Another Day's Chopsticks Menu

I haven't found it yet, either..... Here's a Carnival Link For Your Eating Pleasure that says it's in the Lido. :):):)

Edited by cruiseclues
FAT Fingers

Our exteded aft was on deck 6. We did not have a flat screen tv and the carpeting looked fine, but dont know if it was new or not. In the hallways I did notice areas where the carpeting was much brighter than other areas, so maybe they just replaced some carpeting. Chopsticks is the oriental restaurant in the buffet (self serve) and only open during the lunch hours. We do not eat sushi, so we didnt try the new sushi place. I did see a booth near the dining room that was offering samples of foods prior to dining. They may of had sushi. We didnt sample anything.

That was me- no food on red frog menu

Also- we did NOT have a new flats teen on deck 8 balcony room so maybe they upgrades were only on some decks?

We were in a balcony cabin on deck 5 and had a flat screen tv. We saw a balcony cabin on deck 7 that did not have a flat screen. I don't know if there was an order to how they upgraded them or if they just changed them out where the old ones were going bad.

Our exteded aft was on deck 6. We did not have a flat screen tv and the carpeting looked fine, but dont know if it was new or not. In the hallways I did notice areas where the carpeting was much brighter than other areas, so maybe they just replaced some carpeting. Chopsticks is the oriental restaurant in the buffet (self serve) and only open during the lunch hours. We do not eat sushi, so we didnt try the new sushi place. I did see a booth near the dining room that was offering samples of foods prior to dining. They may of had sushi. We didnt sample anything.

Was there a fish and chips place? Also do you remember was the blue iguana open for breakfast on sea days?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Our cabin appeared to have new carpet but could not tell that the carpet was replaced in the hallway. And as noted earlier, our deck 5 balcony cabin had a new samsung flat screen tv.

Chopsticks was my favorite food option on lido deck. It is an Asian buffet line with a changing menu that is only open at lunch. They cook the food fresh in a wok right at the line and are constantly pouring fresh food into the serving dishes. It is as good, if not better, than the Mongolian wok available on other ships, but the line moves much quicker due to not having to wait for people to fix their own bowl.

We did not try the new Bonzai sushi restaurant, but did talk to a few that did and everyone seemed to love it. It appeared to be frequented by crew that have guest area privileges if that tells you anything. They seemed to be there most nights. I did notice, however, that with the addition of Bonzai that the free sushi cart that used to be available is gone. But the prices from Bonzia are so reasonable I don't feel it's a problem. I'm ok with paying a few dollars higher quality options.

Edited by Bulldog13

Was there a fish and chips place? Also do you remember was the blue iguana open for breakfast on sea days?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Fish and Chips is not on the Legend and she also did not receive the Blue Iguana during dry dock.

We are still waiting to clear customs so if anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them while still on board.