"Conflict" between Zipline time and Cabana rental...help!

whisker2193

We have reserved and paid for the Beach Cabana on Roatan with a scheduled time from 8;00 am to 2:00 pm. We had planned on arriving at the beach around 10:00 am. Our plans are to do the Extreme Zipline nearby from 8:30 am to 9:30 am then head over.

My problem is it won't let me reserve the zipline tour for all three of us because it 'conflicts' with other excursion which is the Beach Cabana rental. I have spoken with Carnival and emailed the shore excursion dept. On the phone, Carnival says (first time) email the shore excursion desk; (second time) says I need to be at the Cabana at 8:00 am so they know I am there and wont give it to someone else, even though I have already paid for it (???). (It says nothing about that on the excursion pages of Carnival.com). The email response said to go to the shore excursion desk onboard and reserve the third person and that it wouldn't allow it with online reservations due to 'built in logic'.

I am worried that the 8:30 am time will be sold out when I get on board...then what do I do?

Has anyone ever reserved the cabana? What time did you actually arrive there? I can't believe that they could sell the cabana to someone else after I have made payment just because I don't want to go to the beach at 8:00 am.

Looking for help from the experts here on CC. You guys are great. Thanks,

Note: I also posted this on the Carnival boards

• 2 weeks later...

You'll have to book the other zip line on the ship and I wouldn't worry about it selling out.

I wouldn't put it past Carnival to sell your Cabana, so check with the Excursions desk on how late they'll hold.

There's a zipline right across the street from MoBay so if that's where your excursion is and the Excursions Desk says you need to grab your cabana first, just send your hubby over with some towels and grab the Cabana. It's only a five minute walk from the beach to the port exit.

Thanks. On the Carnival boards there was much advice to dump this whole plan and go with Victor Bodden so after much research, I booked with him for the Zip and Dip. Cheaper too. Hopefully its the right decision. Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and found out that there's two car rental places at the port!!!

We got a Rav4 like SUV for $67.00.

Toured the whole island, starting with the View, then the Iguana Farm, stopping at Victor's monkey's sanctuary known as 'Mayan Jungle'. Drove all the way to West Bay and West End.

Never had a problem with traffic. It is island driving and there's quite a bit of pot hole dodging so you need a good attentive driver.

Refilled the tank for $20.00.

Thanks. On the Carnival boards there was much advice to dump this whole plan and go with Victor Bodden so after much research, I booked with him for the Zip and Dip. Cheaper too. Hopefully its the right decision. Thanks for your help!

I think you'll have a good time with Victor's drivers, especially if you've never been to Roatan. It'll be something different than the just the beach.

Otherwise, I would agree with justlaff69. For others considering this: Carnival uses Clip N Zip which directly across from the cruise pier shopping area. So sent someone down to claim the cabana and meet the staff. They don't care where you wander off to once you've checked in. Leave some towels or such there if everyone is ziplining, else, just send the zip liners off. At one time Clip N Zip just took their own reservations and were open to walk ups. That may have changed now with the cruise port's partial ownership. Maybe someone who has zipped there in the past 3 months can opine.

Well we're back and we were very satisfied with the choice of Victor Bodden tours. It was an easy walk to the just outside the port area and our driver was great. The ziplines were a blast. I lost count but I think it was around 10-12 lines. Some were quite long and high and all were fun. It used a double line system for safety. The staff was able to catch my 240 pound husband every time. The monkeys were a riot and the scarlet macaws stole my husbands hat.

The beach at Bananarama was a bit crossed but we had our own little area with chairs included. Snorkeled right off the beach albeit a little farther down the beach to find fish. They had a trampoline in the water we could use. Yummy drinks from the bar. We used bug spray for our feet and saw ants in the sand but no bites. We kept all belongings up on a chair so no critters came home.

Victor Bodden was a good choice for us. I highly recommend them.

Well we're back and we were very satisfied with the choice of Victor Bodden tours. It was an easy walk to the just outside the port area and our driver was great. The ziplines were a blast. I lost count but I think it was around 10-12 lines. Some were quite long and high and all were fun. It used a double line system for safety. The staff was able to catch my 240 pound husband every time. The monkeys were a riot and the scarlet macaws stole my husbands hat.

The beach at Bananarama was a bit crossed but we had our own little area with chairs included. Snorkeled right off the beach albeit a little farther down the beach to find fish. They had a trampoline in the water we could use. Yummy drinks from the bar. We used bug spray for our feet and saw ants in the sand but no bites. We kept all belongings up on a chair so no critters came home.

Victor Bodden was a good choice for us. I highly recommend them.

Did you end up zip lining at South Shore? We will be in Roatan next week and have a private tour booked with Victor Bodden and have been struggling with planning out the day to maximize our time there.

May I ask what time you did the zip lines and how long you spent there? Thanks!

First, I meant to sat "crowded" not "crossed" in regards to the beach.

We met the Victor Bodden tour at either 9:00 or 9:30 right after we docked in Roatan. It was easy getting off the boat. We did the Zip and Dip tour with VB. Our driver took us to the zip lines first. A few minutes to fill out paperwork and pay (cash only) and we were given our gear and instructions and sent up the hill. It wasn't a terribly long or strenuous climb but you'll feel it and be winded at the top. Lost track of time zipping through the trees. Wear closed toed shoes. After the zipping we bought a water and pictures and we're led to the monkeys and bird cages. Then we left for the west bay beach. We changed at the beach and had two hours there. We got back to port with not much time to spare. We bought a Christmas ornament which is our norm for new ports and got on the ship. We set sail within 30 minutes, cold Foster's in hand. Do it. You won't be disappointed.