Infant life vests RCCL?

cruizinawayinva

Last time we cruised with an 18 month old we brought our own life vest as we had tenders and I wanted a vest for those. I don't remember if we were given an infant life vest to use in case of emergency that cruise. This time we are not scheduled to tender so I'm wondering if I need to bring the infant life vest. Anyone cruised with little ones lately and can recall if they had infant vests for them available for emergencies? The logistics of packing for 2 kids for 10 days is a bit overwhelming so I'm trying to minimize big items we don't need. Thanks!!

They do supply infant life vests in your stateroom and they will have them on the tenders. I would pack your own little swim vest though if you are going to the beach. I always liked having my kids in swim vests at that age- to use at the beach. It's scary to think that if they went under- you would have to find them. At least with the swim vest- they will float to the top. There are inflatable ones that don't take up much room.

At our pool, some of the smaller kids have swimsuits that have a "built in " vest....I have no idea what they are called, but they are much less bulky than a separate vest..and the kids don't seem to even notice them! I'm sure some children's store could give you info about them!