Table for two?

We requested this when we booked, how sure can we be to get a table for 2? Dont get me wrong, we would love to hang out with tablemates on the friendliest Ship at sea (Rhapsody), but we will be celebrating our honeymoon, and would prefer to have a table for just the two of us.

On our last cruise on the Legend we requested a table for two at booking. We were allocated a table for four which was changed before we boarded by a quick click of a few computer keys by the boarding staff.

Wasnt our honeymoon though but wedding anniversary. It felt like a special night out meal for two every night

:)

On our last cruise on the Legend we requested a table for two at booking. We were allocated a table for four which was changed before we boarded by a quick click of a few computer keys by the boarding staff.

:)

If this happens, when will we know? and where do we go to change it?

Thanks

We also requested a table for two on our last cruise, but were not assigned one. A visit to the maitre d' on the second day, plus a little financial incentive made it happen. I didn't mind parting with the money for his trouble, as a table was "created" for us in a very nice location....

This has happend to us we were given a table for 6 but was really easy to change we went to the dinning room as soon as we boarded to check out our table when we seen it was for 6 we went to the dinning room matredi over look my spelling LOL, and they changed it right then no problem at all put us at a table for 2 right by a window (very nice ) have a great cruise James

On Mariner of the Seas we had a very nice table for two. We weren't right by the window, but could still see out of one very well. On Jewel, we had a table for four, but the other two passengers never showed up, so we had a table for two by default. It wasn't a particularly good location however. On Brilliance of the Seas we had bad luck. The ship was completely booked. We were assigned a table for four in the late dining and the table was in a poor location. Because the ship was booked solid, the Maitre D' could not change either our dining time or the table. So we asked him to cross our names of the list and ate in the Windjammer which turned out to be surprisingly pleasant for us, but I do not think it would please everyone.

A travel agent told me that almost any dining arrangement can be made if you butter up the Matre D' with a nice tip, but this last cruise he was in no humor to make changes. Plus there was a long line of passengers at his desk unhappy with their arrangements. It appeared that they ALL wanted early dining. That must be the most popular seating.

I hope you can get the seating arrangements you want. Have a happy honeymoon.

We also deserted the dining room on our recent Alaskan cruise. We had asked for a large table and were given a table for two which they said they could not change. Since we really enjoy visiting with our tablemates over dinner, but didn't have any to visit with we decided not to bother getting dressed up for dinner. We just ate in the Windjammer each night. It was okay, but I hope we don't have to do it again on our next cruise. However, when the Loyalty person found out what had happened (we were the only Diamond Plus cruisers on the trip) we were bombarded with phone calls and notes trying to get us to come back. By that time we have gotten to sort of like "slumming" in our daytime clothes for dinner!

(Beachchick here)

First, there is no way to guarantee that you will get a table for two. No one, not your TA nor any RCI employee, can do that. You should check your table assignment when you board. If it's not for two (and there aren't that many of those, plus Diamond+ C&A members are more likely to get them if requested), you can ask to be reassigned. Just remember that there may be 100 or more honeymooning couples onboard, many of whom will want those scarce tables. (One May cruise we took had over 200 honeymooning couples!)

I am not trying to discourage you. I hope you get what you want, but I want you to understand the realities--just in case. If you are not assigned a table for two, just go to the Maitre de (sp? sorry, just can't seem to remember it right) and plead your case (tips don't usually help here). BTW: There are usually no tables for two by the windows. They put larger tables there so that more pax can have the "window" view. OTOH, what difference does that make if you have late seating (unless you are above the arctic circle in the summer)? It's going to be dark out anyway.

As for Chops/Portofinos, there are many sizes of tables there. Most common (as I recall from a few trips) are tables for four. However, I doubt you would have any problem getting a table for two at either of those restaurants. They are designed for a romantic, quiet evening's dining.

And, congratulations...for me, marrying my DH, beachguy, was just about the smartest thing I've ever done. Twenty-two years later, we're still best friends and happy (almost all of the time at least ;)).

beachchick

Is it easier to get tables for just your family if you are a group of 5? We are most hopeful to be by ourselves. Is it likely we'll be placed alone and if not, what size table is the norm so we'll be prepared. If we aren't alone, I'd rather be at a huge table than to just have one or 2 extras with us.

Archived