More perks for business and first class

greatam

I have a friend who knows lots of current events and trivia and that person thinks driving from LA to Santa Barbara is a "road trip". While she knows stuff, she has little to no personal experience of how stuff actually works.

That's funny. Her "road trip" is our Los Angeles pickup area. Myself or any one of my drivers would just think that 90 miles is part of the normal business day.

Sure, you get paid for what you do and you probably make pretty good money but I can tell you it's not a job I or many of us would want or be able to do. Not just your actual job but traveling to the places you go, doing what you do. Amazing. Posters that are familiar with you and your posts know what kind of character you have.

It was interesting seeing the whole trip spelled out though. Your adventures fascinate me.

I'm just an old hippie chick who NEVER followed the rules, NEVER did what my parents wanted or told me to do and was always seeking newer, different, out of the box experiences. I've created a life that sure doesn't fit most people's molds but is one where there have been tremendous highs and even more bottom of the barrel lows. But all in all, it is the life I wanted and totally controlled (post college, I have never had a REAL job), even though "stumble into" could describe a lot of what I have done.

Now I am trying to give back to those who REALLY made my eclectic life possible by taking these war zone contracts. IF I can make their lives just a little easier, I feel I have done my best.

Those perks seem nice, but to be honest, if you are in upper class you are already one of the first off the plane and as such through immigration, so I just don't see it as being anything all that big of a deal.

The same person asked if they could pay me to drive them from Woodland Hills (where they live) to San Diego to see their son. Umm, NO. That was just wayyy to far for them to drive. He gets into a panic attack driving to San Pedro. They keep telling me they'd love to go with me on my quick trips to Vancouver (from Thousand Oaks area). I just laugh and tell them they'd never survive. No, we are NOT stopping every hour so you can go to the bathroom. But she knows a lot of the answers on Jeopardy and current events.

I once drove from TO to Carlsbad on my way to Disneyland with kids. It's just what we do :D. Okay, I was driving my mom home but still.