Att cellphone on coral princess and at ports

california7

Depends on your plan. You can also sign up for international coverage and cancel it when you get back and just pay the plan rate for the days used (I think it was $14.99 per month to add the intl plan, which took the cost down to about $1.00 per min land, $2.49 per minute shipboard). Not all plans are available for all phones and base plans.

I can not fins anywhere how much it will cost if we use our att celpphones on the cruise ship. Also, has anyone used att international plans on land at ports panama canal 11 day cruise

I just checked on this for our last cruise. First, Princess at this time does not have an agreement with AT&T for service on the cruise ship- other companies do have packages- but I did not research- if you use your phone on the ship- I am not sure of the cost- but it is really high. As for the ports you are going- they have a "special rate"- for Mexico- $30.00 for 80 minutes monthly, and extra minutes are 0.50- or $1.00 per minute without the monthly plan- and Europe- $30.00 for 30 minutes- and "the rest of the world"-$30.00 for 15 minutes-

I would check directly with AT&T when you are close to leaving since they change their plans all the time.

Princess uses MCP (Maritime Communications Partner) to provide cellular service aboard Princess ships. MCP and Princess does not determine the cost of the service nor do they bill you. Your local provider, in this case AT&T, determines the cost and will bill you on your regular monthly statement. AT&T charges $2.49/minute for voice and $.50/message sent. Any international plan you purchase does not change the ship board cellular service used.

Each port will have an agreement with AT&T which will determine the cost of using your cell phone. International plans will apply which lowers the rate.

AT&T international packages available: http://www.att.com/att/global/affordable-world-packages/?calling

In order to use your AT&T cellphone outside the USA, international roaming must be turned on. It costs nothing to have it turned on but when you actually use it the costs start.