Bar Hop or Dune Buggy Tour???

tarheelcruisegal

Looking for a fun excursion for us and our 21 year old son...We've done Paradise Beach, Chankanaab, Mr Sanchos and Passion Island, so would like to see something different and have fun doing it.

I've read plenty of good things about the bar hop, but how about the dune buggies???

Any recommendations? Thanks.

Bar Hop Bus is great, we did it last year. Good company that runs it, liked seeing the other side of Cozumel. Waves coming in and crashing against the rocks, white sand beach. Each bar was fun, we didn't drink as much as we thought we would, but prices were o.k., food was very good. Cash only as there's no electricity on that side, so can't run credit cards.

Never done the dune buggies, but sound like fun!

Bar Hop is fun! We had a great time and will probably do it again some time... Next cruise is with kids but will visit the east side just not on the Bar hop... It's absolutely beautiful at every stop. And can't imagine being in Coz without visiting the Wild Side!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Bar Hop last month and it was fantastic. The CBH folks are really nice and give you lots of good information about the island, history, beaches, etc. The bars were great. Not the cheapest drinks in town, but who cares when you're sitting on an incredible beach sipping a drink with an umbrella. We loved and can't wait to do it again so we'll be FO HOs!(former hoppers). Totally worth the money! :D

We did the bar hop a few weeks ago.. It was ok. Not the best excursion i've been on, not the worst. We aren't big drinkers and it did get old that they expected you to eat and drink at every bar. If it were me and you wanted to see the east side of the island, I would just pick one of the bars to go to over there and hang out for a couple of hours..

Paid the Bar Hop deposit online Sunday night and still haven't gotten the "rendezvous instructions". Driving Saturday and cruise leaves Sunday...should I be worried?

You're on a cruise, no worries!

Could someone tell me the name of some of the bars on the bar hop?

We've done BOTH!! They are both a lot of fun and I highly recommend either one! They are different experiences, though.

The Dune buggies are more active/adventurous and the Bar Hop is a lot more relaxed. There is drinking, sunshine and fun involved in both of them.

I think a 21 year old might really have fun driving that dune buggy! (note: you must know how to drive stick shift).

I just did the CBH a few days ago and I really enjoyed it. I liked it and Im not a big drinker at all. You stop at four bars and receive a sample of a drink at each stop. There is enough time at each location to have a drink and some food. If you arent able to finish your drink;/food, you can take it to go and enjoy it on the bus. The pace is relaxed and you're not rushed. I also never felt pressured to buy something at each bar. I highly recommend this excursion, especially if you're previous days are filled with lots of action.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a few years but we did the dune buggies and loved it!! Hubby drove and was on a mission to cover us in mud. Lunch was excellent and the beach was fun. Only remote negative would be the sand fleas, definitely bring some insect repellant. Any specific questions, I'm happy to answer.

We just did the Bar Hop last week and loved it! All 4 bars visited had different things to offer.

at Punta Morena I had a Dirty Monkey, but I don't remember what hubby had. We didn't have any food at that stop. We got our feet wet in the ocean, this stop had a pool, hammocks, lots of shady spots and was very nice!

Coconuts was the 2nd stop. It does require climbing stairs to get to the bar, which sits on a cliff. We had a margarita and a banana mama, 2 of the best drinks of our lives! We also ordered fish tacos and shrimp tacos, which were fantastic! There are a few animals (Parrot, a couple dogs and a cat and some other birds I think). Fun place!

Playa Bonita was stop #3. If I remember correctly, the beach has eroded away and the bar now sits on the rocks, and to enter the beach you have to go to the side of the bar. We had amazing drinks there, but can't remember the names. A couple from our tour ordered a large margarita, which was enough for 4 people easily! They had to take it in a to-go cup. We walked a bit down the beach here and got into the water a little further down where it was less rocky.

The last stop was Rasta's, where we ordered the Iguana drink and just visited with fellow hoppers. The location was nice.

At most of the places prices for mixed drinks were around $7 each. They only take cash. The tacos at Coconuts were about $10 for each plate. We felt the prices at the bars were a little pricey, but at the same time, the drinks were not at all watered down and were the best of any place we went on the island all week!

The tour itself was very organized and well run. I would most definitely do the tour again if we make it back to Coz some day.