Gluten Free Menu Choices Limited?

MUD

In the past my wife who has celiac and a fish allergy was able to order the next night's meal from a menu provided by the wait staff. Now that there is a gluten free designation on some menu items will she be restricted to those items or can she order a different gluten free meal? I recently asked a reservation agent for celebrity and was told that we should consult the Maitre' D when on board. This is not a good answwer as the choices for gluten/fish free on the menu are limited

We travel with friends that are gluten free. We ate in Blu, and they were given a menu each evening to pick out things they would like the next evening that were or could be prepared gluten free. They never had a problem and really enjoyed the cruise. I would think they would do the same for you in the MDR if that is where you will eat your meals. Enjoy your cruise

My wife is also full Celiac, (not just a gluton free fad person:rolleyes:)

The MDR staff on the Reflection last Nov were the best yet in 10+ years since she finally found out what she had. They would let her look at the next days menu, offer suggestions, what ever she wanted they got it handled. The gluton free pizza and pastas in the buffet and the Lawn Club almost brought her to tears they were so good!

The staff on the RCCL Freedom did a wonderful job in 2011, Princess was a real downer in 2012. Due to the level of care last year we have the confidence to book our 1st long sailing with Celebrity this year, 11 days on the Equinox!

We were on the Summit last year and I had no problem eating gluten free in the MDR. LOVED the designations on the menu. The first night I mentioned that I had to eat gluten free and had the bread every night. Now booked on the Silhouette in April and hoping for the same. I never knew that they offered gf pizza!! Maybe it is just on certain ships?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the summit for 2 weeks and hat gluten free items all the time buffet just asked and they would prepared it it just took a little longer also in the MDR hat gf should be ok as long as you asked:D

I never knew that they offered gf pizza!! Maybe it is just on certain ships?

I would think it would be fleet wide.

We were on the Reflection and there was a sign at the pasta/pizza area of the buffet about ordering the gf items. They were so careful, would not boil the gf pasta in the same water as the reg was cooked! The chef in Lawn Club was very careful about cross contanimation of the pizza dough too. It was better than my reg pizza crust.

Thank you, we sail on Eclipse next week and have ordered gluten free meals for me.

This is our first cruise with Celebrity but we found Royal Caribbean marvellous for GF options.

It is a bit odd ordering the evening previously, and sometimes I had forgotten what I had ordered (!) but they tried really hard to make my meals as good as everyone else's.

Most lunchtimes' I just choose food from the buffet, lots of options and the fresh fruit should be excellent being so fresh.

One thing that I LOVE about Celebrity is that they designate gluten free items on their menu. That way one doesn't have to order ahead of time!! So much more convenient that way! Once the servers know you are gluten free they bring the bread special but otherwise we can order off the menu!!

Once my wife was told what she had after our sailing on the Rhapsody in 2003, we did not sail again till the Mariner for our 25th Anniv in 2007. The staff did ok, but still was not top shelf. Fast forward to the Freedom in 2011, RCCL now has a clean area free of cross contamination, in the kitchen. My wife has her first throw up free cruise in 15 years! Celebrity has taken it to the next level with their service on the Reflection.