Connecting Staterooms

cheriberi

I was hoping to book 2 connecting balcony staterooms on the Reflection but apparently there are none available in the category we like. There are, however, 2 "adjoining" balcony staterooms available. My question is can they remove the divider on the balcony if the rooms are adjoining but not considered "connected"? I am hoping someone can advise me because I only found 2 cabins that are currently available.

Thanks for any assistance.

The cabin steward can unlock the balcony divider which then folds backwards. I would say it opens up a little less than half way - plenty of room to go back and forth, but still allow for some balcony privacy.

How does one know which are "adjoining" balconies? I THINK we have connecting rooms on our upcoming Silhouette cruise. (It has the little line on the deck plan), but does that mean it has the door to be able to open the balcony as well??..... Or do just certain cabins have that?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How does one know which are "adjoining" balconies? I THINK we have connecting rooms on our upcoming Silhouette cruise. (It has the little line on the deck plan), but does that mean it has the door to be able to open the balcony as well??..... Or do just certain cabins have that?...

Yes it will have the option of opening part of the partition between the balconies.

As far as I know every veranda divider on S class can be opened to the next cabin on request. There might be a few exceptions here and there if there is something between the cabin verandas but that would be unusual and probably would not involve connecting cabins..

In my mind the word "adjoining" just means they are next door to each other with nothing in between, so most cabins on the ship will have at least one, and usually two, adjoining cabins.

Edited by Lsimon

Our group had 2 adjoining cabins on the Equinox last year. It is a little different. There is a small vestibule or hallway that connects the cabins outside of the cabin door. It allows you to leave your cabin door open and the adjoining cabin door open and go back and forth without entering the public hallway. After getting I,t we never actually used it. We just have our cabin steward open the divider between the 2 balconies. FYI, you can actually move the 4 balcony chairs onto 1 balcony but it is a tight fit. Hope that helps!

I was hoping to book 2 connecting balcony staterooms on the Reflection but apparently there are none available in the category we like. There are, however, 2 "adjoining" balcony staterooms available. My question is can they remove the divider on the balcony if the rooms are adjoining but not considered "connected"? I am hoping someone can advise me because I only found 2 cabins that are currently available.

Thanks for any assistance.

What you want to do is have both halves of the pair together. There is no 'connection' on any S class cabin; they just have a shared 'vestibule' as explained above. But even if you got one of one pair and one of another, you can still have shared balconies.

On M class there are doors in the cabins that open into each other.

What you want to do is have both halves of the pair together. There is no 'connection' on any S class cabin; they just have a shared 'vestibule' as explained above. But even if you got one of one pair and one of another, you can still have shared balconies.

On M class there are doors in the cabins that open into each other.

Several posters have reported that they did not do the shared vestibule on the reflection. No idea why I thought it was a good concept on the other S class ships.

Our cabin on reflection actually has a door across for them bathroom door (inside the cabin) that opened into the cabin next door. We were with my parents, but we just chose to connect the balconies and left that door closed.

Guess we will see once we are on board. My kids are in the connecting cabin so not sure if we would keep the door open or not. They usually have an inside cabin, but it was actually cheaper for us to book them in a balcony this time so we went for it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Several posters have reported that they did not do the shared vestibule on the reflection. No idea why I thought it was a good concept on the other S class ships.

Our cabin on reflection actually has a door across for them bathroom door (inside the cabin) that opened into the cabin next door. We were with my parents, but we just chose to connect the balconies and left that door closed.

Oops, my bad!! Should have said "all S class ships except Reflection!

We have connecting rooms on the Connie. Do the balconies connect like that as well?

Sorry, but the answer is no. None of the verandas on M class ships open to each other with the exception of a handful of cabins among the suites towards the aft of deck 6.

Edited by Lsimon