Celebrity vs RCCL and HAL

margsipie

Glad to hear you had a good time on the Silhouette in the Adriatic! We did the Mediterranean (larger hotspots) a few years ago and Venice and Santorini in particular were mobbed!

Thanks for all the feedback! We've committed to the Silhouette in June! Excited for a change and to start building points if we enjoy Celebrity.

Good choice. S class is beautiful.

"Avoid" - if one has other options to try Celebrity product.

#1 is the Eclipse

#2 is the Equinox

#3 is the Solstice

The Silhouette is a commercialized version of the original Solstice class.

The key features went overboard (open grass lawn, Hot Glass show).

A fountain on the pool deck is eliminated as well. Some more passenger cabins added.

We don't cruise on ratings. :)

Who's rating is this above? Your own? Or a trusted source?

I also tried HAL once. Not for me. The Oosterdam looked as though it was decorated by Carnival's Joe Farcus. Cheap furnishings. We found the service to be less than that of RCI or Celebrity. MDR food was slightly better than RCI but not as good as X. The Pinnacle Grill was a disappointment and we tried it twice. HAL comes in dead last in ship design when compared to RCI and X. Not even close.

There are two pluses for HAL. Lido dining and the bedding was the best we have experienced in all cruises but it's not enough to get me back on HAL.

Uh, That full promenade deck on Hal ships = 10.

X really lacks a good place to walk.

We have typically cruised on HAL before with a trip on RCCL as well. We're considering Celebrity based on itineraries and because we're looking for a change.

What are the differences, improvements, general vibe? We're looking at an Adriatic summer cruise.

We've cruised on all three and have found Celebrity and HAL both very pleasant experiences. RCCL a distant third. However, RCCL has good entertainment and a very nice solarium area. I imagine it's personal preference and we would sail all again (along with NCL), but I'm thinking most HAL cruisers would be more pleased with Celebrity.