Star Clipper Cabins

biotech

Could someone please give some information about the cabins on the Star Clipper? I am interested in square footage, bed arrangements, location and unique characteristics the cabins might have.

Well, they are small but comfortable. My guess would be about 150 sq. feet which is smaller than most big cruise ships. That said, most folks on the Star Clipper cruises that I've been on don't spend a lot of time in their cabin.

Even though the cabins are small there is everything you'll need. Comfy bed, flat screen TV and lots of hot water in the shower. I do recommend mid ship cabins to avoid any engine room noise and less motion.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I would avoid class 5 cabins. These are at the extreme front and rear and have a fixed bed which is over 3 feet off the ground - in fairness, this fact is indicated on the deck plan. A fixed ladder is provided to get in and out but this is at the foot of the bed, you have to crawl up the bed to get into it!

• 1 month later...
I would avoid class 5 cabins. These are at the extreme front and rear and have a fixed bed which is over 3 feet off the ground - in fairness, this fact is indicated on the deck plan. A fixed ladder is provided to get in and out but this is at the foot of the bed, you have to crawl up the bed to get into it!

Hey now, I actually LIKE the Cat 5s with the fixed, raised doubles. I have sailed in them twice. I thought they were "fun" and I loved the extra-large storage space underneath the bed. :p

This time around we are going for a Cat 2, so I will have to do some comparisons.