Use Carnival ground transfer if you arrive day before?

Gwendy914

Cruising on the Magic next month out of Galveston.

I'd like to fly in the day before and fly out the day after to alleviate the stress of worrying about plane schedules. Can I still utilize the Carnival transfers if I stay in a hotel in Houston that will shuttle me to and from the airport?

So, I'd fly in Saturday, use a hotel shuttle back to airport on Sunday and take Carnival transp. to Galveston. And reverse the following Sunday. What I'm worried about is that Carnival will ask for my flight information right? Which is on different days than embarking.

Thanks in advance!

We just did it when we were getting on the Legend in Oct. we flew in the day before, took a hotel shuttle to our hotel and the next morning we had the hotel shuttle take us back to the airport and caught carnival transfer there. No problems at all

We just did it when we were getting on the Legend in Oct. we flew in the day before, took a hotel shuttle to our hotel and the next morning we had the hotel shuttle take us back to the airport and caught carnival transfer there. No problems at all

Thank you! What flight information did you give to Carnival when you registered for it online?

I'd like to fly in the day before and fly out the day after to alleviate the stress of worrying about plane schedules. Can I still utilize the Carnival transfers if I stay in a hotel in Houston that will shuttle me to and from the airport?

So, I'd fly in Saturday, use a hotel shuttle back to airport on Sunday and take Carnival transp. to Galveston. And reverse the following Sunday. What I'm worried about is that Carnival will ask for my flight information right? Which is on different days than embarking.

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can. Enjoy your cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

so that was one of my questions answered - thank you! But I have another, when you disembark and are using Carnival trf are you given a time or is it just get on the bus and when it is full it leaves.

We are actually sailing out of Port Canaveral and will use the trf. but when we get back to MCO we will jump on the Disney shuttle as we are adding on a few days to our vacation and want to be able to make it into one of the parks that afternoon.

When you leave, you are directed to waiting buses. Doesn't matter when you get off.

On your boarding documents, it asks for what hotel you ate staying at and your flight selection will show it comes on the day before. The crew at the airport terminal waiting for incoming passengers have a list of hotel passengers.

I have done it this way for 9 cruises. Works great. There are usually Carnival crew with clip boards by the baggage claim. Just find one.

Thanks in advance!

You can certainly do this and Carnival doesn't care when your flight arrives or even that you are flying in. I have friends that live in Houston and sometimes their cruising friends will fly in and stay at their house then they will drop them at the airport the next day to get the Carnival shuttle to the ship.

Personally I really love Galveston Island and I would look for a shuttle service to take me on down to Galveston when you 1st arrive and spend the day/evening at a hotel on the Seawall. They are almost all within walking distance to several restaurants and a taxi to the pier is only $20.

We will be flying into Miami the day before and will be using the hotel shuttle to go back to the airpost to check in there. The Carnival transfer sounds like a good idea for the 10 of us. I assume I can sign up online? and the cost?