My review of NCL GETAWAY from 02/22/14-03/01/14

Odesitka70

We most likely did see each other and I am pretty sure I know who you are. To bad we didn't have a chance to meet more formally. Maybe we meet again on the future sailings. See we didn't know what happened to the people that miss the ship. But I am happy to hear they were able to make it back to the ship. Good lesson learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We most likely did see each other and I am pretty sure I know who you are. To bad we didn't have a chance to meet more formally. Maybe we meet again on the future sailings. See we didn't know what happened to the people that miss the ship. But I am happy to hear they were able to make it back to the ship. Good lesson learned.

I am sorry, but I checked my phone and I don't have any other pictures of the cabin. Try google it. I am sure you'll be able to find some.

I have a couple of questions about your cruise.. what is vibe and the second question when we were on the Sun last year they had drinks in the Sport lounge happy hour 4 to 6 do they have that on the Getaway.. thanks

Vibe is a beach club on board breakaway and getaway that you pay to get either weekly or daily pass too. It's for adults only, and has cabanas, loungers, bar, jacuzzi, restrooms and shower. The pass can be obtained by going to customer service on embarkation day.

I am not sure, but I haven't see anything in freestyle daily about happy hour.

This may sound like an odd question, but were there any singles hanging out in the Vibe? I am traveling with my SIL (leaving the husbands at home this trip) and am wondering if it is something we might want to do. We don't want to be hanging out with a bunch of couples making out, though! :p

I think you'll be fine at the vibe. On our breakaway cruise last July we meat a couple of single travelers. To me vibe gives you privacy when you want to, but yet you are close eunagh to all the action on board.

We're there robes, slippers and umbrellas in the cabin? Thanks!

Can't talk about the Getaway but on the Breakaway there were robes in cabins Balcony and above.

Slippers are only in suites.

I've never seen an umbrella in any cabin on any of the cruises I've taken.

I usually pack a small fold up umbrella and, to date, have never had to use it!

Harriet

Thanks for sharing your review. We have never sailed with Norwegian before and are considering a cruise on the Getaway.

I have a question about the shows. It appears as if advance reservations are required to see the shows (ie: Legally Blond). Is there a charge for this? This is different from what we are used to with Carnival. You could just attend the lounge to see the show and no reservations were required.

Also in regards to the challenge course and rock climbing wall, is there an additional charge for those as well?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer these questions. This helps us to know what is included with the cruise fare and what is extra.

Loved your review! We are booked in May. Can't wait! We downloaded the concierge app. I'm wondering if you messaged each other during the cruise using the app and if so, what the charges were to do that? Is the Vibe adults only?

Your review will help me know how to plan dinner around some of the activities. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

Thanks for sharing your review. We have never sailed with Norwegian before and are considering a cruise on the Getaway.

I have a question about the shows. It appears as if advance reservations are required to see the shows (ie: Legally Blond). Is there a charge for this? This is different from what we are used to with Carnival. You could just attend the lounge to see the show and no reservations were required.

Also in regards to the challenge course and rock climbing wall, is there an additional charge for those as well?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer these questions. This helps us to know what is included with the cruise fare and what is extra.

You can make your show and diner reservations 45 days before your cruise on line. Legally blonde, burn the floor and comedy are free of charge, but require reservation. Illussinarium is the show and diner that you make reservation and pay for it. Well worth the money. Or you can wait until your embarkation day and go to the box office and make your reservation there.

In regards to the challenge course and rock climbing wall, no need to make a reservation and it's free. Just make sure to have close tow shoes and no jewelry. Hope that help.

Enjoy your cruise.

When is the best shade in the Vibe cabana ? I burn easily. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It depends on which derection the ship is traveling. Sometimes it was in the morning, and sometimes in the afternoon. Sorry, couldn't be more specific.

Dzc3, as far as the shows on NCL, there is no charge for most, but you do need to make a reservation to ensure that you will have a seat. Some of the ones that include dinner, like the illusionist, will have an up charge. Burn the floor and legally blonde do not have an upcharge.

Loved your review! We are booked in May. Can't wait! We downloaded the concierge app. I'm wondering if you messaged each other during the cruise using the app and if so, what the charges were to do that? Is the Vibe adults only?

Your review will help me know how to plan dinner around some of the activities. Thanks for taking the time to do it!

In regards of iconcierge app, we were able to txt and call each other with no problem and it was free.

Yes vibe is adults only area that you have to pay to get the entrance to.

Enjoy you cruise.

You can make your show and diner reservations 45 days before your cruise on line. Legally blonde, burn the floor and comedy are free of charge, but require reservation. Illussinarium is the show and diner that you make reservation and pay for it. Well worth the money. Or you can wait until your embarkation day and go to the box office and make your reservation there.

In regards to the challenge course and rock climbing wall, no need to make a reservation and it's free. Just make sure to have close tow shoes and no jewelry. Hope that help.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for your clear answers. This really helps.

You can make your show and diner reservations 45 days before your cruise on line.

Enjoy your cruise.

Which I hate doing. It kinda negates the 'freestyle'. I don't know 45 days in advance where I want to eat and what show I want to see and at what time. I like to look at the dailies and then decide my schedule - LOL

Harriet

Which I hate doing. It kinda negates the 'freestyle'. I don't know 45 days in advance where I want to eat and what show I want to see and at what time. I like to look at the dailies and then decide my schedule - LOL

Harriet

But you don't have to book 45 days out. They do give you that option, but it's up to you to book or not. Before we went on BA in July I wanted to make sure we get to see every show and dine in all the specialty restaurants, and so, I booked everything in advance. But for our GA cruise I decide it to try not to book anything and go on board with the open mind. Once on board, we were given "a look at your week" schedule, and then we went to the box office and made all our shows reservations. In regards to diner reservation, I made them all my self by using iconcierge app. I just look at what was available for that day and book it. Very easy. So to us it still was "freestyle".

But you don't have to book 45 days out. They do give you that option, but it's up to you to book or not. Before we went on BA in July I wanted to make sure we get to see every show and dine in all the specialty restaurants, and so, I booked everything in advance. But for our GA cruise I decide it to try not to book anything and go on board with the open mind. Once on board, we were given "a look at your week" schedule, and then we went to the box office and made all our shows reservations. In regards to diner reservation, I made them all my self by using iconcierge app. I just look at what was available for that day and book it. Very easy. So to us it still was "freestyle".

Were you able to get dates and times you wanted for everything, or did you feel like you were picking from whatever was left available?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app