Celebrity Solstice

koliver888

Hi everyone, my wife and i are cruising sydney to hawaii in april... question is...we intend to do a bot of snorkeling whilst in tahiti but not through the celebrity shore excursions. What is the deal getting off the ship when it is not docked?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Forums mobile app

Hi there,

We are also looking forward to this super cruise, and snorkelling in French Polynesia. From what I have read, for the tender ports of Bay of Islands, Moorea & Bora Bora, those on Celebrity excursions have priority with boarding the tenders (life boats) to shore, followed by cruisers in suites, Aqua & Concierge class, those who are Elite or above with the Captains Club loyalty program, followed by the remainder of the cruisers. I have read somewhere that you are allocated or collect a number...makes sense to keep things orderly when close to 3000 people want to go ashore.

I have not seen your name on our roll call for this specific cruise, and you are very welcome to join our group as it is worth getting suggestions from others who have more cruising knowledge, are familiar with Solstice, and have researched the ports we are visiting. Also, have you registered for the Celebrity Connections party, there will be a link at the top of this Cruise Critic page, which will be a chance to meet other like-minded cruisers (e.g. those who prefer planning their own excursions) at a social gathering, usually on the first sea day.

My cruising experience is limited, but I have learned so much from reading various Cruise Critic forums over the past 10 months, and I will enjoy meeting those who have already helped me.

Perhaps someone with actual tender experience will also reply, and extend the knowledge of those unfamiliar with the process.

See you at sea, Susan

We did the Solstice Honolulu to Sydney cruise this past October with private snorkeling excursions in Bora Bora and Moorea. You will be informed of a time and place when numbered tender tickets are available for pickup the morning of your excursion. Just get there early and you will have no problem getting off ship early. Tender numbers are announced and you proceed to line for boarding. It all moved very quickly for us and had no problem getting to shore for our tours. Ship's excursions and some Capt Club folks have priority in a separate line, but it all goes pretty smoothly.

Enjoy. It was the best cruise we've had!

From my experience aqua does not get priority tendering. My best advice is get the tender tickets as soon as they start giving them out. We have had long delays on our last two solstice cruises to Australia and New Zealand. Last time we collected tickets at 10 am and there was a one and half hour wait for a tender. By the time we hit land it was about 12,30- too late to do anything really.

I think a lot depends on distance the tender has to travel.