Pools on the Getaway?

GAPeach68

I have read several reviews complaining about the pools on the Getaway. If you've sailed this ship, please comment. I am not interested in kiddie pools or slides. I want to know how many pools there are for adult use or at least if you think they were adequate. Thanks!!

There is one adult pool and it is adequate for jumping in to cool off. You won't be swimming laps in it. I thought it was surprisingly large for a ship's pool, but I heard others comment that it was small. On our many trips across the deck, I never saw that many people in the pool. There were tons of deck chairs available near the pool.

I thought there were 2 pools but I could be wrong and there just be one - however, it was the largest pool I've seen on a ship this size - but again as someone above said - don't plan on swimming laps in it!

Here's a partial picture:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e80/mimi567/Getaway%20Information%20by%20the%20Day/Getaway%20Vibe/IMG_0222.jpg

Edited by arf2005

I've read many places that there are no adult pools on the Getaway. To what pool are you referring?

I think they were referring to the adults only Spice H20 cool down zone. Not really a pool, not really just a water fall, not sure what to call it ;)

I've read many places that there are no adult pools on the Getaway. To what pool are you referring?

Since the OP mentioned no interest in "kiddie" pool... I took her saying "adult" pool in reference to the larger pool, not an adults only pool.

Edited by Caribbean King1

Well, maybe I am assuming something I shouldn't have. I thought there were two pool areas in addition to the splash kiddie area. I assumed one was "no kids" as I thought I had seen this info elsewhere. We did not use the pools, so did not observe them close up, but they are not huge. Perhaps someone who did can comment.

Definitely not planning to swim laps. LOL I just wondered if folks that have been on the ship felt that the pools were adequate for the amount of people using them. Since it is just me and my husband, I'm not looking for comments on the kiddie area. This will be our fourth cruise and each ship we've sailed has been very different. Some comments I've read had me concerned. Thanks to everyone that replies.

I haven't read any reports yet of problems with the pools on the Getaway. You may be thinking of the Breakaway.

Are the pools not the same between the Breakaway and Getaway? I thought they were identical sister ships.

Are the pools not the same between the Breakaway and Getaway? I thought they were identical sister ships.

There are loads of complaints about the Breakaway that do not seem to exist with the Getaway.

Spice has a waterfall area in the adult section. Both Breakaway and Getaway have 1 adult pool on the main deck.

• 1 month later...
OK- so did I get this right?

1 at spice (adult use)

1 at kids zone

1 large pool (kids and adult use)

No it's

Spice (cool off zone, waterfall)

Kids zone (sponge bob)

Everyone pool (next to slides and kid zone)

Adult pool (main pool... Didn't use to be adult only, for the time being it is adult only)

OK- so did I get this right?

1 at spice (adult use)

1 at kids zone

1 large pool (kids and adult use)

There is no pool at Spice. There is a large pool in the center of the ship that is for adults only. There is another pool sandwiched between glass walls and slides, near the kid zone, that is for families.

There is no pool at Spice. There is a large pool in the center of the ship that is for adults only. There is another pool sandwiched between glass walls and slides, near the kid zone, that is for families.

Thank you- I see its quite different than I expected :)