"Angle" cabin for Solstice Alaska?

VA_Traveler

I’m hoping some experienced Celebrity cruisers can lend some advice. My family of four will be traveling to Alaska on the Solstice round-trip Seattle this summer. We are a couple with two young children, ages 6 and 3, and this will be our first cruise. Currently, we have category 1A cabin 9266 reserved. This is located on the forward-angled part of the center “hump,” Starboard side, with the largest-sized balcony. I was thinking that the extra balcony space would be welcome, with four of us crammed into one cabin.

Now, however, I am starting to worry that being on the “angle” will restrict our views. Having a great view from our balcony is a top priority. I am particularly concerned about the morning that we cruise into Tracy Arm, beginning at 6am or so. Ideally, we would go to an open deck for the best viewing, but it is unlikely that we will be able to get both children up and dressed that early, and neither of us wants to leave the other alone with the kids. So I was hoping to be able to enjoy much of the glacier viewing from our own balcony – for this and the rest of the cruise. But will our view on the angle be too restricted? Would we be better off with a category 1B cabin in the center hump, so that we have a 180 degree view? I am reluctant to sacrifice the larger balcony, but would the trade-off in view be worth it? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

I think it should be fine. The scenery is 360 degrees throughout the majority of the trip. Our itinerary didn't do Tracy Arm, but if what I've read is accurate and based on our experience with Hubbard Glacier, they turn the ship so everyone has a turn on the "good" side.

I’m hoping some experienced Celebrity cruisers can lend some advice. My family of four will be traveling to Alaska on the Solstice round-trip Seattle this summer. We are a couple with two young children, ages 6 and 3, and this will be our first cruise. Currently, we have category 1A cabin 9266 reserved. This is located on the forward-angled part of the center “hump,” Starboard side, with the largest-sized balcony. I was thinking that the extra balcony space would be welcome, with four of us crammed into one cabin.

Now, however, I am starting to worry that being on the “angle” will restrict our views. Having a great view from our balcony is a top priority. I am particularly concerned about the morning that we cruise into Tracy Arm, beginning at 6am or so. Ideally, we would go to an open deck for the best viewing, but it is unlikely that we will be able to get both children up and dressed that early, and neither of us wants to leave the other alone with the kids. So I was hoping to be able to enjoy much of the glacier viewing from our own balcony – for this and the rest of the cruise. But will our view on the angle be too restricted? Would we be better off with a category 1B cabin in the center hump, so that we have a 180 degree view? I am reluctant to sacrifice the larger balcony, but would the trade-off in view be worth it? Any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Can you change to 9270? That would give you more than 180 degree views as you can look aft also. If not 9266 is fine, you're not restricting you view and you get the advantage of having a wind break with the depth of the balcony. We've sailed 1A 9270 on both Solstice and Eclipse an would pick it again if available, 9268 next choice. Location is awesome, very quiet.