we just got this email .....

ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS ABOUT TO REIMAGINE THE CULINARY EXPERIENCE

the email read:

You and a guest are invited to be the firsts to discover this delectable journey which will introduce the extraordinary dining experiences onboard Quantum of the Seas when she debuts in November 2014.

Join us as we embark on a new world of culinary exploration

Wednesday, March 26th

1 - 3 pm

Location 05

509 West 34th Street

New York, NY 10001

#QuantumoftheSeas

I got that email too. Several of my friends also got the email. I guess it was mass email to all C&A members possibly. Not sure if I'm going yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I got that email too. Several of my friends also got the email. I guess it was mass email to all C&A members possibly. Not sure if I'm going yet lol

I didn't get it. D+ and up maybe?

I didn't get it. D+ and up maybe?

Not sure Dave. I have a couple friends that received it too. You may be right. Have to see if I can find a friend to go with me. Don't want to go alone.

Not sure Dave. I have a couple friends that received it too. You may be right. Have to see if I can find a friend to go with me. Don't want to go alone.

Aww well hope you can go! Thread over on the main board makes it pretty clear that most D+s got invited, so that seems like your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

[Q UOTE=Dave85;41905622]Aww well hope you can go! Thread over on the main board makes it pretty clear that most D+s got invited, so that seems like your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I'll have to go look at the other thread. Thanks!

The email was initially sent out to Pinnacle Club Members on February 24th with an RSVP date of March 4th. The invite was then extended to other C&A Members and I will assume that they started with D+.

Edited by cruisenfever

The email was initially sent out to Pinnacle Club Members on February 24th with an RSVP date of March 4th. The invite was then extended to other C&A Members and I will assume that they started with D+.

Thanks that's what I found out too.

Anyone know what the expiration is on the offer for Diamond+ people? Wonder how far down they will go. Seems like the numbers get large at Diamond and many do not want to travel. They should really be limiting to a radius of NYC and maybe even if the person is already booked on Quantum (although I guess logically it could be argues that it should be those not booked as they could be persuaded into booking).

Anyone know what the expiration is on the offer for Diamond+ people? Wonder how far down they will go. Seems like the numbers get large at Diamond and many do not want to travel. They should really be limiting to a radius of NYC and maybe even if the person is already booked on Quantum (although I guess logically it could be argues that it should be those not booked as they could be persuaded into booking).

That's what I was thinking too. As a Diamond living in NYC (I work approximately 3 subway stops from where they've having the event) it's frustrating to see D+ members in Honolulu who certainly won't be able to attend get the invite but Ds in NYC not be invited. That said, I certainly repect that those who have attained D+ and above status (I'll be joining you D+s in the next few years) have earned such invites.

And, with all that said, as you note it's entirely possible that if they move down to Diamond there are simply too many of us in the NYC area to invite so they'd rather not bother.

Not all Pinnacle members received the invite. I know of quite a few in the US who didn't get it.

That's what I was thinking too. As a Diamond living in NYC (I work approximately 3 subway stops from where they've having the event) it's frustrating to see D+ members in Honolulu who certainly won't be able to attend get the invite but Ds in NYC not be invited. That said, I certainly repect that those who have attained D+ and above status (I'll be joining you D+s in the next few years) have earned such invites.

And, with all that said, as you note it's entirely possible that if they move down to Diamond there are simply too many of us in the NYC area to invite so they'd rather not bother.

Can you imagine the mess if someone had to sit there and figure out which DP members to send the invites to due to their location :eek:....much easier for them to just do a mass mailing...hit the button a few times and off the invites go all over the USA.

Can you imagine the mess if someone had to sit there and figure out which DP members to send the invites to due to their location :eek:....much easier for them to just do a mass mailing...hit the button a few times and off the invites go all over the USA.

I imagine a computer could do that with certain parameters input, but given the issues RC has with its computer systems doing the bare minimum necessary to continue operating as a cruise company, you're definitely correct that it's much easier for them to just send to all. :p

We have to RSVP before March 19th. ;)

Just another Diamond here (who works 3 blocks away from the event) wishing he got the invite!

A consolation is that I will be on Indy a few days later!

To those who will be there, have fun!

Edited by Nabalab

We received an invitation. Think we will pass. Not a big deal. They are going to finally announce the dining program on board. Enough already and just do it. :rolleyes:

My sentiments exactly! I'm so done with this "wait and see" game RCI is playing. :mad::rolleyes: