Question about Disney Fantasy Scavenger Hunt and another about TIPS...

Bali505

I was just wondering if somebody can explain how we would get involved with the Scavenger hunt, is it per person or family, competing against others or just on your own? Also being a first time disney cruiser I have noticed a lot of people talking about TIP envelopes that they hand out at the end of the cruise. I have cruised on other lines and the tips are already divided up and come on show up on your statement at the end of the cruise and you can add more if you'd like. Does Disney not do this?

If your tips are pre-paid or you keep them on your onboard account, you get a voucher for each person and an envelope so that you still have something to hand each person. You are of course welcome to put additional funds in the envelope.

I was just wondering if somebody can explain how we would get involved with the Scavenger hunt, is it per person or family, competing against others or just on your own? Also being a first time disney cruiser I have noticed a lot of people talking about TIP envelopes that they hand out at the end of the cruise. I have cruised on other lines and the tips are already divided up and come on show up on your statement at the end of the cruise and you can add more if you'd like. Does Disney not do this?

You can do tips any way you wish. If you do nothing, they are applied to your on board account (the standard amount). You get a coupon in your room on the second to last day. 1/2 is for you records, the other half is a coupon/voucher that you place in the envelope and give to the appropriate crew member.

You can pay your tips in advance--in this case, you get the same voucher. You can go to Guest Services and increase, decrease, or remove the standard tips from you account. If you choose to remove them, you'd place cash in the envelopes. Of course, you can increase by keeping them the same thru GS and adding additional cash to the voucher in the envelope.

Bottom line--choice is up to you.

The scavenger hunt that I'm most familiar with is an activity in the tween or teen programming.

Edited by moki'smommy

Dont know if you are talking about Mid ship detective, Mickey Mouse hunt, but anyone and any number of people can play. You get a card and a map, if I recall and follow the clues to framed photos around the ship that magically come alive when you wave the card in front of them. An animated charactor appears and gives you a clue. The game is great fun, you can start and stop your hunt anytime you like and revist it on another day if need be. My daughter and I have the best time doing this. Make sure you take time to enjoy this very fun activity. I am a detective by trade and still have my 'mouse badge' card in my office to remind me of the fun we had togather.

Dont know if you are talking about Mid ship detective, Mickey Mouse hunt, but anyone and any number of people can play. You get a card and a map, if I recall and follow the clues to framed photos around the ship that magically come alive when you wave the card in front of them. An animated charactor appears and gives you a clue. The game is great fun, you can start and stop your hunt anytime you like and revist it on another day if need be. My daughter and I have the best time doing this. Make sure you take time to enjoy this very fun activity. I am a detective by trade and still have my 'mouse badge' card in my office to remind me of the fun we had togather.

You could be right. I didn't think of midship detective agency as a scavenger hunt. That might be what they were referring to. If so, this is on the Dream and Fantasy, and it fun for all!

Thank you yes that is the one I was talking about sorry I didn't have the name correct hence the confusion for everyone. We will definately have to do that I work for the Justice Department as well so this is appealing to me never mind the kids:D:D

That sounds like the Sorceror's game at WDW. We did it for a while and it was clever.

One hint--save your card. If you save it, it will rotate you thru the various puzzles. If you pick up a new card the second time you play (even if you finished one game), it may give you the same game again. What I'm saying is that each "theme" has multiple different clues/solutions. So you could hypothetically play the dalmation game 5 times with 5 different solutions using the same card...but if you change cards, you can get the same solution each time if you have rotten luck.