Miami Taxi or Private Transfer

dlynn0366

I usually just do transfer's with NCL but I unfortunately fractured by knee & I'm in a total leg immobilizer BUT the doctor says I'm good to go, as a matter of fact I'm working but will require surgery for ACL tear when I return. I've already cancelled by NCL transfers as I can't do the bus thing and I've booked a private transfer from Fort Lauderdale Airport to Miami on my arrival. My question is from the hotel to the port and the port to the airport (on return I'm flying out of Miami) should I worry about a private transfer or will catching a taxi not be a big deal. Unfortunately as I've always done the NCL transfer's I never really looked at the number of taxi's hanging about.

We used a taxi both ways. Plenty of taxis waiting at the airport and the port, and it is a fixed rate. Can't remember exactly--maybe $30 before tip. . .

Someone on the Florida departures board surely has the accurate current rate.

Edited by mizlorinj

Plenty of Taxis to MIA for a low fixed price, but will be fairly expensive to FLL. There is a preferred shuttle service recommended by a lot of folks on here, but the name escapes me. As recommended, check the Florida Departures board for more info, plus I'm sure someone on here will chime in too.

Now if they just got this darned search function fixed....

To and from the port and airport is 24.00 for a cab. If your hotel is near the airport the meter fee to the port will be around 30.00.

Our hotel near the airport had a shuttle to the port of Miami for 12.00 p/p.

Everyone thank you so much. Coming home I'm flying out of Miami to Toronto then Ottawa as the direct flight to Ottawa did not leave Fort Lauderdale until close to 8pm. I've booked a private transfer at the beginning from Fort Lauderdale to Miami but will catch taxi's for sure from hotel to port & port to airport.

I re-read your post more carefully, and it looks like you're just talking about MIA transit. I agree with the others.

• Several airport area hotels have free shuttles to the cruise terminal. Would be cheapest.
  • Airport to port or vice versa is a fixed $24 charge. Plus tip is still under $30. Lots of cabs and most convenient.