Dublin Excursion-Causey Farms

Has anyone taken the Shore Excursion to Causey Farms out of the Dublin port. We did something similar in NZ, and loved it. We are 50 Something adults, I can't tell if it's geared more toward cruisers with children. If we do it, we'll miss seeing Dublin at all. I'm undecided...any input?

Did it last year - It was great. Started off making Irish Soda bread, milking cows, playing Irish music, dancing, playing with little animals, visit a bog for fuel, watching a sheep dog herd sheep and "loosely" playing a game that resembled field hockey. I think it was called hurling.

Very enjoyable.

Edited by TwoBadKnees

I think that tour sounds great if you've already been to Dublin. If you've never been there, you really should see the famous city sites. Although it wasn't my favorite British Isles city, I'm so glad we had a private tour all over the city. We saw so much on our tour and even had time to go out to the fishing town of Howth in the afternoon.

The tour you mention looks like a lot of fun, but you need to ask yourself if you'll regret not seeing: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Christ Church, the Guinness Factory, Kilmainham Gaol (totally awesome), Trinity College, the Book of Kells, the Viking Museum, the city park with the deer running wild in it (sorry, forgot the name of it), the Doors of Dublin, the Temple Bar area, and the government buildings that still have the pock marks in them from the Irish War of Independence. If you won't regret missing these things, then do the fun farm tour and get a different taste of Ireland.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

I think that tour sounds great if you've already been to Dublin. If you've never been there, you really should see the famous city sites. Although it wasn't my favorite British Isles city, I'm so glad we had a private tour all over the city. We saw so much on our tour and even had time to go out to the fishing town of Howth in the afternoon.

The tour you mention looks like a lot of fun, but you need to ask yourself if you'll regret not seeing: St. Patrick's Cathedral, Christ Church, the Guinness Factory, Kilmainham Gaol (totally awesome), Trinity College, the Book of Kells, the Viking Museum, the city park with the deer running wild in it (sorry, forgot the name of it), the Doors of Dublin, the Temple Bar area, and the government buildings that still have the pock marks in them from the Irish War of Independence. If you won't regret missing these things, then do the fun farm tour and get a different taste of Ireland.

Thanks for the input. Do you remember what company you used for the private tour?

Yes, someone on our roll call organized a tour with Tommy's Taxi. His email is: tommystaxitours at hotmail dot com if you all want more information. There are many others that are good too and people on your roll call may have already started a group that you can join.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario