Norwegian Cabin & Group Cruising Questions

Noire

Every year my family goes on a group cruise. For next year (Fall 06), we have decided to book the Norwegian Jewel. This will be our first time with NCL. I usually book directly with the cruise lines but this year I enlisted my friend who is a travel agent. When he called to book rooms NCL only allowed him to book 12 rooms. We now have a greater number of people than we originally planned and were in need of more rooms and some people wanted to move to higher decks, etc. NCL would not allow him to do so. They stated that once a deposit is given for everyone they will make changes. I found this ironic, as I have never had this problem with any other company. I am concerned because I don't want the rooms to be sold out and someone to decide not to go because they can't get the room they want. The travel agent said he has never had this happen with any other cruise company. Am I worried about nothing? I just want everyone to get the type of room they want. All deposits will be in this week.

Second question- On the NCL ships are there differences in the size of the cabins based on the location? If so can anyone tell me what are the best inside, outside (picture window), balcony and suite locations?

Thank you

To answer your question in regards to the group space i find that a little odd as well, because last week i just took out a group on the star with 16 cabins.

Every cruise line is modifying their group rules in different shapes and forms, to make it fair to everybody because what was happening is an agency was taking out 30 or 40 cabins on a sailing and would just let the space sit there and when another agency wanted space they couldnt get it because the first agency had so many cabins held

So when you have 10 or 15 agencies holding 30 or 40 cabins that starts to add up and they only allow so many cabins to be sold for groups as they have to allow cabins to be sold on an individual basis.

Only reason i could see them only allowing your TA to have 12 is because the Jewel is a newer ship on possibly a very popular sailing.............but it could be for other reasons.

The part you mentioned about NCL only giving your TA more cabins after the first bunch is deposited on is totally legit, happens to me all the time. It all ties in with what i mentioned about about agencies taking way more cabins then they ever intend on selling.

As long as you get all your deposits in, your TA should have no problem with securing more cabins for your group.

Hopefully that answers that part of your question.

Cheers!

Archived