May 3rd Fascination

We are booked on a 7 day cruise from Jacksonville on the Fascination... I have noticed that it is the only 7 day trip planned, all of the other sailings are 4 and 5 day trips. I was curious why this is? Are they doing a test run to see if there is a demand for longer cruises out of this terminal or is this just something they do every once and a while to shake things up?

Just something I noticed and was wondering about... TIA

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by RockStarStylist

We are booked on a 7 day cruise from Jacksonville on the Fascination... I have noticed that it is the only 7 day trip planned, all of the other sailings are 4 and 5 day trips. I was curious why this is? Are they doing a test run to see if there is a demand for longer cruises out of this terminal or is this just something they do every once and a while to shake things up?

Just something I noticed and was wondering about... TIA

The last couple of years CCL has done a 7 day on the Fascination in May. We went last year, and some friends went the year before and last year. It is looking more like an annual event lately. It is always sails full, and has become a go to annual cruise for a lot of Fascination regulars.

The fact is though, CCL makes more $$ on the 5-5-4 schedule, than it would having a 7 day cruise every other week or so.

Hopefully, they'll keep it as an annual cruise. We didn't make this year's, since I had already booked the Freedom in May when I found out about the 7 day cruise this May.

Oh. We had no idea when we booked it. We found an awesome price on a 7 day and booked it. Didn't notice until recently that they don't do them regularly. Regardless... We are VERY excited!! This will be my husband and mine's second cruise and our kids first.

• 1 month later...
The ship does not seem to be filling up

Pack and go rates are so cheap, I had to book

Wish we could go again, but we are doing a 14 day Alaska cruisetour in June and a 7 day Disney cruise in November so no more vacation time available this year.