Wonder if these are gluten free and have ?s

Cruisegirl6

I must be gluten free as well as dairy free ugh

Curious to see if anybody knows whether these foods are also and what types of gluten free desserts did you have on Carnival?

Hamburgers gluten free?

Mongolian Wok sauces?

Ceasar Salad?

I am very limited to what I am able to eat and is it ok with you if I were to take my wasabi mustard (I can't use dairy for baked potato so I use other items to give it taste) and jalapeño mustard and some red wine vinegar?

I usually use olive oil and red wine vinegar on my salads have you seen these offered at the salad bar?

There is oil and vinegar at the salad bar. I'm not positive, but fairly sure it was a basic red wine vinegar.

No idea if the burgers are gluten free, though the dining staff is very good about answering these questions. My mom ate a burger in the dining room without a reaction, and she is gluten and dairy free. She really didn't have much trouble eating on our December cruise, in spite of her dietary restrictions. They'll substitute pretty much anything that they can, and if you speak to the maitre d the first night, they'll accommodate you in the dining room throughout the cruise.

I'm fairly sure the sauces at the Mongolian Wok are safe. My mom ate there nearly every day on our cruise without incident.

Thank you...I thought the sauces were ok because three years ago I was just gluten free and I believe I had it twice on the Dream but I wasn't sure if they changed things. I also have to be dairy free although I may just cheat with the creme brûlée so not going to say anything to the waiter. I know what I can eat...I stick with my meats with no gravy's/sauces, plain veggies, baked potato, salads just like your mother probably does. Thank you.

My DW is GF,, and pretty sensitive at that. She was able to eat the Blue Cheese dressing w/o issues as well as the vinaigrette. At the Mongolian Wok she had the rice noodles and the BBQ sauce. I heard that Guy's has GF buns but we did not eat them. We did have them bun-less. The only issue she had was when she ate the BBQ short ribs in the MDR. She thinks it was that particular sauce. Otherwise all GF menu items she had in the MDR were OK. Oh, and she loved the GF fried calamari.

I went last year and they were great. That being said I wasn't sure about the Mongolian Wok. I emailed Special Needs the other day and they just replied today. Mongolian Wok does not use GF soy sauce but the main dining room does. I have just emailed them back to ask about the rumor that they have GF hamburger buns. I was told last year the hamburgers were GF and have seen that lots of places posted as well.

I am not diary free but I am a Celiac. I am going again on Carnival because I never eat that well on land. They definitely take care of you. I'm sure there will be a ton you can eat at the MDR. The buffet was always more difficult though.

I must be gluten free as well as dairy free ugh

Curious to see if anybody knows whether these foods are also and what types of gluten free desserts did you have on Carnival?

Hamburgers gluten free?

Mongolian Wok sauces?

Ceasar Salad?

I am very limited to what I am able to eat and is it ok with you if I were to take my wasabi mustard (I can't use dairy for baked potato so I use other items to give it taste) and jalapeño mustard and some red wine vinegar?

I usually use olive oil and red wine vinegar on my salads have you seen these offered at the salad bar?

This thread might help answer your question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1928510

They have GF buns at Guy's burger joint and OMG are they ever horrible! Way better without the bun. And all of the sauces at the wok have soy sauce in them. The scrambled eggs (and omelette mix) on the buffet have gluten and if you're very sensitive, you'll want to ask if the fries have a dedicated fryer. On ships where they still do breaded chicken at the grill, they have been known to use the same one.

As for desserts, the ice cream and yogurt mixes in the machines are safe. They will make GF desserts in the MDR. I wouldn't trust much of any desserts on the buffet.

There is red wine vinegar on the salad bar. They won't care if you want to bring on some of your own condiments.

Edited by LRene

Actually I don't need the bun....I don't eat the burgers unless its the only thing to eat past 11pm, then I just eat the burger without the bun, I also would get tomatoes and slice two slices thick and use that as the bread. For sandwiches I just roll up my meat (I also have to be dairy free ugh).