Atlantis Via Comfort Suites

Calkacky

I've been reading how you can book a room at comfort suites in Nausau and have full access to Atlantis and, for the day we will be there, it will be much cheaper than buying the pass through Carnival. I need some details though from someone who has done it.

Do you go to the hotel that morning and check in then go back later in the day and check out? Obviously, I won't be there the following day to check out? Any other information/tips on how this works is appreciated.

I've been reading how you can book a room at comfort suites in Nausau and have full access to Atlantis and, for the day we will be there, it will be much cheaper than buying the pass through Carnival. I need some details though from someone who has done it.

Do you go to the hotel that morning and check in then go back later in the day and check out? Obviously, I won't be there the following day to check out? Any other information/tips on how this works is appreciated.

You can check in and check out at the same time. Atlantis is cashless, so bring a credit card.

Resort for a day is now offering comfort suites/Atlantis passes !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

What would be the benefit of doing this?

You would still have to check in to get your room card to bring to Atlantis.. Plus, the cancellation policy is 11 days in advance, where the hotel cancellation is 5 days.

Cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't know about that.. I tested several dates and got the same pricing or lower using the comfort suites website.

So unless there is a specific date that's is actually cheaper - that wouldn't make sense.

Edited by tikib

Don't know about that.. I tested several dates and got the same pricing or lower using the comfort suites website.

So unless there is a specific date that's is actually cheaper - that wouldn't make sense.

You didn't account for all the taxes and gratuities on CS website. It appears that the price on Resort for a Day includes all of that up front.

Scuba Girl - any thoughts here?

You didn't account for all the taxes and gratuities on CS website. It appears that the price on Resort for a Day includes all of that up front.

Yes.. I did account for the extras.. price either the same or less in the 4 dates I tried. So it doesn't make sense to me to put in the middleman.

What dates did you try and for how many people? I want to make sure I find the best deal for me as well...

Sorry, I didn't write them down. I was just checking out the system. Using several different scenarios and upcoming summer dates.

The 11 day cancellation was a big issue for me. Since you really can't tell the weather conditions that far in advance. Even a week in advance is a stretch.

Do you work for R4D?? Seems all of your posts have something to do with this vendor?

I used them in other destinations and like their service but NO I do not work for them. Seems like they are new in Nassau and used them for the Hilton British Colonial but I know Bahamas Shore Excursions has the same deal at the British Colonial so it didn't matter who I used...

As my name suggests I try to learn things... Aren't we all just looking for the best deal and experience?

I used them in other destinations and like their service but NO I do not work for them. Seems like they are new in Nassau and used them for the Hilton British Colonial but I know Bahamas Shore Excursions has the same deal at the British Colonial so it didn't matter who I used...

As my name suggests I try to learn things... Aren't we all just looking for the best deal and experience?

I'm very leery of resellers. Since they really don't have access to the true inventory, and don't own a block of rooms like some big travel agencies, there's no way of knowing if you are gonna get bumped.

I've been stuck before in booking something thru a reseller, paying for a tour, then a month or so later getting my "reservation" rejected because there was no space or filled up. (By that time everything else is filled as well)

This has happened to several of my friends over the years as well.

I'd just rather book directly if possible.

I'm very leery of resellers. Since they really don't have access to the true inventory, and don't own a block of rooms like some big travel agencies, there's no way of knowing if you are gonna get bumped.

Resorts for a Day was started by Stuart Cohen - very reputable in the travel industry, radio show, worldwide speaker, sold to World Travel Holdings a major player in the travel industry. This is not a fly-by-night operation by any stretch, in case you are leery of a very small, "untested" company.

And no, I do not work for them.

Just checked date for my cruise in April, $465 through resort, $374 through Resort for a Day.

Point being - I was simply offering OP an option to book this. Do you work for Comfort Suites?

Just checked date for my cruise in April, $465 through resort, $374 through Resort for a Day.

Point being - I was simply offering OP an option to book this. Do you work for Comfort Suites?

I'm just asking.. Since I've been stung by vendors before, I do my due diligence before using anyone. These board are full of people hawking their own websites, users need to be careful that they are getting the correct information.

Glad you got a good deal. I didn't find any.

I've been stuck before in booking something thru a reseller, paying for a tour, then a month or so later getting my "reservation" rejected because there was no space or filled up. (By that time everything else is filled as well)

This has happened to several of my friends over the years as well.

I'd just rather book directly if possible.

I've gotten "stuck" as well. I booked a tour with another well advertised 3rd party vendor which I have seen many times on this board and others. They allowed me to book a tour that had been out of business for nearly 2 years.

I found out online that they were no longer in business and I notified the company. Since they already had my money, they insisted that I choose something else. I had to get my bank involved. Now I try to book directly with the tour operator, even if it's a few $'s more.

My friend booked a dolphin experience for us through another vendor and got a receipt. 3 days before we traveled they got a message that they were filled up and that we did not have a spot. They said we were never "confirmed". Of course, at that point there was nothing we could do. They did refund the $ without issue.

These days with all the information on the internet, it's pretty easy to find the original tour operator and book with them. Sometimes you can even negotiate a better deal.

Sorry, I didn't write them down. I was just checking out the system. Using several different scenarios and upcoming summer dates.

The 11 day cancellation was a big issue for me. Since you really can't tell the weather conditions that far in advance. Even a week in advance is a stretch.

Also researching all the options, tikib.

And, like you, not finding any great deal.

Scubagirl has mentioned MajesticTours, but you have to contact them directly, Atlantis tix is not amongst their advertising.

Comfort Suites is not much savings in the summer months, not enough to be worth the added hassle.