Brilliance not for younger cruisers

Thanks for the extra info mariapd719. I'm hoping that on a longer cruise of 17 days the really elderly may not want to be that long away from their pharmacist :).

But I agree. It would be a disappointment to have no where to go after dinner. Now I'm more worried how I'm going to entertain my friend who is cruising with me. He is 26 ;). I'm scared lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gee dont get OLD MATE. Look how old you are?

We were on her earlier this year I'm 30 she's 24. We had an absolutely fantastic time. We met great people both our age, younger and older. I would do it again in a second. And we are younger then you. So not sure what the issue was for you. We did do a 7 night.

It's too bad you didn't enjoy your cruise. My wife and I were just on the Brilliance for the March 1st sailing and had a different experience. There were lots of college students on board and they all seemed to be having a good time. Even though we're in our early 50s it was fun to talk with them and we would see the same groups together.

I am in agreement about the entertainment choices. I would love a reggae band by the pool in the afternoons. This cruise was definitely lacking in good music.

Gee dont get OLD MATE. Look how old you are?

Sometime I do feel like an old man. But I do like to be social and get out and about so a few entertaining options would be good. And you really don't know how high maintenance my friend is lol.

Sent from JD's iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going on radiance of the seas in April for 17 days. So by the sounds of it it's going to feel like 170 days hey. Yes I'm over 50 but I do like having places to go after midnight. And some diversity in entertainment is always welcome. And most of the 17 days are at sea. Oh well sounds like I need to down load more books or learn a new language :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just returned home from a 17 night Australia/NZ cruise on Radiance. We enjoyed the itinerary and had a great time.

We have no issues with the age of others on the ship but it is a fact that the demographics on this cruise was much older than any other cruise we have been on before. For example, the "newlyweds" at The Love and Marriage Game show had been married for over 20 years. My husband who celebrated his 56th birthday on board felt young - which is not a bad thing at all.

Our issue was more with the music on board. It seemed as if the company thought people on this long of a cruise at this time of year would not be looking for exciting entertainment. The dance band was noticeably less peppy and interesting (and imho less talented) than the one my daughter and I enjoyed on our Enchantment cruise in January. And there was no pool band - just a DJ, whose selections did not impress us. Some of the typical CD events were very fun though, such as the 70's dance in the Centrum.

As someone else mentioned, group dynamics can be very different from sailing to sailing. We were told by one crew member that a similar itinerary on the same ship two cruises before ours was very boisterous. Weather can also play a big part - only two of our sea days had weather we thought nice enough to spend at the outdoor pool. So there was a huge pent up demand for indoor events like movies and I heard complaints from several people about how small the cinema is- there are only 48 seats and many more people were interested in attending.

I did have time to catch up on reading - I read 4 books and enjoyed that as I rarely have more than a few minutes a night to read. If you are going to Australia and have not read Bill Bryson's book "Down Under", I recommend it.

We also spent most evenings in the CL before going to our late dinner. Rosario, the bartender, was great. :D

Well I am hoping a 17 day transpacific cruise starting in Sydney Australia on Radiance of the seas will shake up the passengers on board. And that they have a lot more entertainment as most of the cruise is at sea :)

We were on the February 10th sailing of Brilliance and although we felt that the majority of the passengers on the ship were older than us, we still had a good time. I do think the entertainment staff on the ship isn't as good as I had hoped it would be and we felt that things could have been better organized. For example, the night that they had the 70's party. They start the party in the centurim at 10:30 and then say that it moves upstairs at 11pm. None of the entertainment staff helps move the party up there and as a result, almost nobody goes up there. Sail away party around the pool was really nothing where cruises in the past, entertainment staff were there getting people dancing and creating excitement.

Any vacation is what you make of it and instead of focusing on all the negatives, we would rather focus on the fact that we have the good fortune of being able to go on such a fantastic vacation and that we got to spend a wonderful 5 days in each others company. :) The way I look at it is that a bad day of vacation is way better than a good day at work! ;)

Here here Jengang. But better if there was no bad days of holiday at all :).

I can enjoying dancing till morning or curled up reading a good book. So I'm thinking I'm at sea, on a luxury ship (will RCI ship), plenty of food and drink, one good friend and lots if potential friends. And I'm heading to Hawaii. Bonus right there :)

While I´m past the 40 now, I have cruised on almost all Radiance and Vision class when I was (much) younger than 40. I never had a bad cruise on them and I would take them anytime over something bigger.

I never encountered any of the "Problems" the OP had.