Vibe and cabanas - is it worth it ?

So self and DW are warming to the idea of getting a week long Vibe pass on Getaway and a cabana to go with it, even though we aren't really big "pool lovers".

The first big question is - can we book it in advance, I'm reading all sort of horror stories about having to wait in line at the Concierge desk for an hour the moment you board to try and snag one of the passes. Can suite guests get the tickets via the advance concierge service ?

Also, do you think it's worth it and what type of costs would we be looking at.

Thanks so much !!

Edited by Winchester Ranger

They cannot be booked in advance. As soon as you board go straight to Guest Services. If you are in a suite, you will board first. If not, shoot to be in boarding group #1. The wait at Guest Services isn't that long, but the passes they sell are limited in number.

We did not take a cabana as they were way more expensive and there are plenty of market umbrellas if you need shade.

Tracy

My wife and I thought it was well worth it. We were in boarding group #1. I walked very fast and was about #30 out of #40. I only had to wait about 10 minutes, they had 2-3 people working the desk

Thanks - would you mind sharing how much it cost you ?

Day pass is $20 per person, week pass is $79 per person and the cabanas are $299 for the week Here's some info on it ~ you can get one daily on a sea day or port day and they come with food credit~ http://cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SCAN0196_zpsb8be9662.jpg

Edited by Alliezona09

Thanks - would you mind sharing how much it cost you ?

$79 for the week, we didn't think the cabanas were worth the $299.00. I can't stress enough to make sure you arrive early. We did a breakaway sailing in September of last year. We arrived at 9am I got group 1. As I was sitting their I was listening and watching my fellow passengers. Everyone of the 40-50 people around us had the same idea……And that was to make a bee line for guest services for a Vibe pass. It was truly like a chinese fire drill, people walking very fast, running down the hall dropping all kinds of stuff. My wife and I came up with a plan. She would pull both our carry on's and meet me at guest services. I'm not going to say I ran the whole way but dam close to it. When I arrived at guest services my heart sunk, where did all these other people come from? Ahhh the suite passengers…… Anyway they had a guy standing at the end of the line handing out cards with numbers. I was 34 and 35…..out of 40. Not a great way to start a vacation but well worth it. Within 30 seconds they were up to 40 and that was it. For 5-10 minutes after that passengers would come running up and then notice they were sold out. Not a bunch of happy campers, some people were really pissed off. NCL should come up with another way of dealing with it, but I guess it works for most.

Edited by Laszlo

Can one spouse go to the desk and get the passes for both? Or do you both have to be on line?

Also, where is the guest services desk when you board? I haven't had to go "running" there before.

Edited by Mjfc

Guys - you give the BEST information, thank you so much.

For what it's worth I will be sprinting for a one week cabana pass, luckily I should stand a good chance of snagging one as I'll be in the VIP suite boarding line, but with only 5 up for grabs it's going to be tough.

Don't laugh - but which way is Guest Services from the boarding point ??

Edited by Winchester Ranger

• 3 weeks later...
Can one spouse go to the desk and get the passes for both? Or do you both have to be on line?

Also, where is the guest services desk when you board? I haven't had to go "running" there before.

I had asked the above a few weeks ago and this thread got buried before anyone answered. So, I am here asking again. :)

I had asked the above a few weeks ago and this thread got buried before anyone answered. So, I am here asking again. :)

one of you can go, but you must have both key cards, because they have to authorize them to open the Vibe door.

As far as where it is, some people board forward and some aft - you just have to find your way to deck 6.

Edited by youngestof9

Day pass is $20 per person, week pass is $79 per person and the cabanas are $299 for the week Here's some info on it ~ you can get one daily on a sea day or port day and they come with food credit~ http://cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SCAN0196_zpsb8be9662.jpg

There are no day passes for Vibe (on the Getaway), at least yet. I wanted the whole week and got it, but I specifically asked if they sold day passes and they said no. That may or may not be due to the fact that they sell out at embarkation. Perhaps if they were not sold out they would be able to sell day passes

YES YES YES to Vibe but I don't know that I would spend the money on the cabana. There was always less than half the loungers/beds utilized at any time during our cruise. You could easily have all the privacy you needed at almost any time. One day was windy though and I think the cabanas block the wind pretty well.

While there is no pool, I became totally hooked on the hot tubs in Vibe. There were never more than another couple in it with us and they are right up against the glass so the views are to die for. We were also told that they are emptied and cleaned out every night...nice!