Question for anyone who has redeemed Carnival Fun Points

Jeafl

About a month ago we redeemed our Fun Points for $600 in onboard credit for our March 22 cruise.

Does it ever show up on your booking as onboard credit? If not, how exactly does it work? This is our first time redeeming points, obviously since we have no clue what we're doing! :)

Edited by Jeafl

About a month ago we redeemed our Fun Points for $600 in onboard credit for our March 22 cruise.

Does it ever show up on your booking as onboard credit? If not, how exactly does it work? This is our first time redeeming points, obviously since we have no clue what we're doing! :)

ours never showed up on our booking. In the cabin upon embarkation, it was there

I've redeemed points four different times. I think it showed up once on booking. I've always had a letter delivered to my cabin saying the credit was on my account. I've always saved the confirmation email on my phone in case I had a problem. Never had any issues though

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I redeemed Fun Points for the first time for my Conquest cruise in January. The OBC shows up on your documents. I also redeemed Fun Points for $25 in Bar Cruise Cash and $10 in Photo Cruise Cash. These items did not show up on my documents OR even on the TV once onboard the ship. They did, however, show up when DH and I checked our balance on a S&S kiosk on the Promenade Deck. And we also got a slip of paper upon embarkation stating all the different credits we had.

Edited by lovestocruise19

Thanks everyone. I guess I just expected it to show up on ourbooking under "onboard credit".

I will just print out the confirmation email and hope for the best.

How far in advance should you request these fun points?

We weren't sure, so to be on the safe side we did it 6 weeks in advance. Like I said, it's been a month and still nothing has shown up on our booking. From the looks of it, it may never show up on the booking and we'll get something once we are on board.

Didn't you have to choose a date to receive the on board credit? I just redeemed points and I had to choose a date on the cruise to receive the credit. I chose the first full day of the cruise. Typically, you will get a note in your stateroom notifying you of the credit.

I redeemed some points for my December cruise and they never showed on my documents. On the second day of the cruise there was a letter in my cabin showing a 'gift' from Mastercard. It was on my S&S account when I settled up at the end of the cruise, no problems.

I just did ours last week for our upcoming cruise on 30 March. It didn't give me any option other than 31 March for date to receive them.

I don't remember about the last 2 cruises.

I always print out the email and take it with us in the folder with our passport copies and travel insurance information just in case.

glad i came across this thread. i was going to save my points for my next cruise then i was like "why wait?".. so i have enough for just the 100 OBC... enough to add to our s&s account... guess i should get down to business and redeem em now? we leave in 65 days

Something to think about for the next one - you get a higher rate of return if you have it applied as statement credit on your mastercard, and even a higher rate if you have it applied towards a Carnival charge of $1500 or more (if you have one.)

Let the S&S charge hit your card to collect the double points on it, then redeem towards it when you get home.

If you know how to work the card, you can cruise almost free or at a very reduced cost about once a year. :)

I used to use the Barclay credit card as my main payment. Cruised four times free. Then I found a D........ Card that paid 2% back. Now I use the Barclay c/c as secondary and redeem after the cruise and get double points and payment on my balance.

Something to think about for the next one - you get a higher rate of return if you have it applied as statement credit on your mastercard, and even a higher rate if you have it applied towards a Carnival charge of $1500 or more (if you have one.)

Let the S&S charge hit your card to collect the double points on it, then redeem towards it when you get home.

If you know how to work the card, you can cruise almost free or at a very reduced cost about once a year. :)

Hmmm, I wish I would have known that before! It sounds like a much better plan. I will keep that in mind for the future.