Taku Glacier Lodge

Let'sCruise

It was great. We had a mama bear while eating and went out on the porch to watch her lick the grill. Her cub was up a tree while waiting on her. When mama was finished the cub came down and off they went back to the woods. When we were there the workers had dogs and they put them up during our meal, so the bears would come out. The hummingbirds there are abundant and so are the mosquito's. They did provide bug spray, but we had ours also. Very nice trip.

It was great. We had a mama bear while eating and went out on the porch to watch her lick the grill. Her cub was up a tree while waiting on her. When mama was finished the cub came down and off they went back to the woods. When we were there the workers had dogs and they put them up during our meal, so the bears would come out. The hummingbirds there are abundant and so are the mosquito's. They did provide bug spray, but we had ours also. Very nice trip.

What time of year did you visit? We will are going in 3 weeks.

• 1 month later...

We were just there and Taku River Lodge Salmon Feast and 5 glacier fly over in float plane is Fabulous. The grilled salmon was by far the best food we had the entire trip and having the local black bear's show up was icing on the cake. I highly recommend this excursion. We all loved it! I have plenty pictures if anyone wants to see them.

We were just there and Taku River Lodge Salmon Feast and 5 glacier fly over in float plane is Fabulous. The grilled salmon was by far the best food we had the entire trip and having the local black bear's show up was icing on the cake. I highly recommend this excursion. We all loved it! I have plenty pictures if anyone wants to see them.

Thanks so much for reporting back to us about your float plane trip to Taku Lodge!! I am more excited now!!:D:cool:

I am considering doing the floatplane with the salmon feast at Taku Glacier Lodge in early June. Does anyone know the chances of seeing bears while at the lodge? I have seen some youtube videos of the bears attracted by the salmon cooking.

Just came back- we saw 3 bears some as close as 15 feet. There are 4 dogs to guard the people. And men with big sticks. He salmon was amazing.

You will love this trip. If I can get my pictures to load, I am posting my blog to 2014 reviews.

The pictures zoomed in, you can see up the bears nose.

You will definitely see bears!

All 4 of us in our group agree when we go back to Alaska we will go back to this lovely little lodge with the killer good Salmon meal, 4 labrador retrievers, 2 huge black bears and a glacier to top it off. The flight was amazing also! We loved Alaska and glad we made the trip. We were on a Princess Ship and did the Land tour also. We will go back to RCI next trip; Princess does handle the Alaska sights well. LOVED all of the trip!