Kids Club Question

Caps_Shield

My family is cruising on the Breeze on June 1st. My daughter will be 11 and two months away from being 12. She really wants to be able to go to Circle C with the older kids. She normally feels more comfortable with that age than younger kids. How strict are Carnival with their cutoffs? I spoke with a Carnival booking agent and they thought it would not be an issue. Although they were looking to sell me a cruise so maybe they would tell me anything. Anyway, does anyone have any info on this?

I would be prepared for a NO in response to your request. If you were traveling off season.....i.e. October or May or even on an itinerary where there are very few kids I have found the staff to be more accommodating...

But when there are a lot of kids on board...summer and holidays they are NOT very accommodating......

We were on the Valor a few weeks ago with my 16 year old son and 14 year old daughter. She wanted to be moved up to Club O2 but was fairly resigned to staying in Circle C. She doesn't turn 15 until October so she wasn't even close. When we went to Camp Carnival to drop off the registration papers they bumped her up without us even asking (she looks older than she is). She went to the first Club O2 activity and was told that if they had any problems with her they would move her back down but she ended up doing just fine and making great friends. There were quite a few teens onboard that week because of Presidents Day. Long story short, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's true, it never hurts to ask. They are pretty strict though, so don't be disappointed if you get "no" for an answer. My experience with my DS is that the kids only go there to meet others and rarely ever hang around in the club for very long. I'm sure your DD will have no problems making friends. Even if they do say, "No" have her check in with her own age group and see if there are others like her that don't want to be there either!;)

We are hoping the same. Our 14 year old is two years ahead in school and her birthday is the first week of August - just 5 weeks before her birthday. She will be a junior in high school and it may be awkward for her to hang out with the middle school crowd. She's a pretty flexible kid though, so we'll deal with it if they say no and I'm sure she'll be fine.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

My family is cruising on the Breeze on June 1st. My daughter will be 11 and two months away from being 12. She really wants to be able to go to Circle C with the older kids. She normally feels more comfortable with that age than younger kids. How strict are Carnival with their cutoffs? I spoke with a Carnival booking agent and they thought it would not be an issue. Although they were looking to sell me a cruise so maybe they would tell me anything. Anyway, does anyone have any info on this?

you can ask, but don't expect them to permit her to bump up... we typically cruise over my daughter's birthday, and when she's cruised and "aged up" during that cruise, it's been a crapshoot as to which group they'll let her join, but they definitely will not permit a child who isn't not of that age join the group, regardless of whether or not they're two months, two weeks, or two days away from being that age.

it was not appropriate for the carnival booking agent to tell you otherwise, since they basically endorsed another employee from going against a rather strict carnival policy of keeping the ages separate--i'd be very very displeased with that pvp for not being honest.

I agree, it never hurts to ask. In our experience, they were very strict. My daughter was almost 6 and she had to stay in the group with 2 year olds. It was not a good fit for her so she didn't participate much. I must say though it was spring break with a lot of kids so that may have had something to do with it. We are hoping this next trip is better, she falls perfectly into the age group.

When you do the online or web sign up for clubs you have control of birthdays, make it happen

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Doesn't Carnival have the official age from the birth certificate or passport/

I am very nervous about this very issue. Traveling with three granddaughters :

one who will turn 10 on the cruise

one who was 11 in January and looks 15

one who will turn 12 two weeks before the cruise (sister to the first one)

We want the girls to be together. They want to be together. I'm worried they will make the newly 12 yr old go to the older camp.

We have found that it really depends on the crew that is working on that ship. Some are very strict while others tend to be a little less. We have been on one that our youngest was a couple of weeks from the next age group and they would not:( We have been on others that let our 2 youngest girls be together as well even know they are different age groups. Again, really depends on the ship/crew from our experience.

I have the same question and we're cruising over spring break. DS is 11 with an anxiety disorder and will only consider going if he can be with DD who is 13 and nephew who is 14. DS is bigger than my nephew so definitely would pass as older but not sure I want to try to pull that stunt. Then again, I'm afraid to ask and be told no. :rolleyes: