Wi-Fi Access

TootyJane

I'm planning on bringing my laptop on my upcoming cruise. I see in the Seabourn brochure that Wi-Fi access is available in all suites and most public rooms. Has anyone used it and, if so, what was the cost? TIA

Lisa :)

We used it last fall. Though fairly expensive, as most ships are, it is within reason. Worked fine from our stateroom, though a bit slow. Suggest you compose your email offline, send and receive, then read it offline again. Webmail is very slow. You can get to sites, but it feels more like dialup. Used my standard laptop with wireless card. You buy a block of minutes from the computer room.

If you scan back through or do a search, you will find that quite a few have used it. You might find the rates, but $.35 a minute seems to ring a bell.

Thanks for the info. When I cruised last year I used the computers in the computer room. I remember buying a card for about $15 for, I think about 15 minutes and did compose my emails offline. Even with Wi-Fi access I hadn't planned on "speedy" access. Lucky me ~ dh bought me a laptop recently. I plan on using it primarily to download digital photos and keeping a cruise journal. Of course, since I'll be traveling with my Mom I'll have to send an occasional email to my dh and three boys. ;)

Lisa :)

Noticed you have taken the NY-Fla-Nassau cruise--I have been considering the Boston to Nassau version for next year--how did you like it? Was the weather ok? How were the stops in our Southern Cities? I think it looks like a goodie. but I'm having trouble convincing my wife--she thinks it would be cold!

We loved this cruise last year. Would take it again this year if the price was right, but not looking good, for us anyways. (still working stiffs)

Anyway, weather was not an issue. Though Boston could possibly be a bit colder, we did not see that anywhere along the line. Maybe a light jacket from time to time.

Was great to be in All American ports. Live a bit of history. Almost always in cell phone range if that matters to you. Really was a great trip. too bad they are dropping NYC next year though.

garycarla--many thanks--you gave me some good stuff to work on my wife. As far as I am concerned the addition of Bermuda of sets New York. I have spent much time in both places in "the olden days", and I like them both, but I believe leaving from the Boston area will be less hassle. Thanks again!

I agree that the Boston port is infinitely easier than NYC. The itinerary does look lovely; you two come up with good picks. I love Bermuda, but with the imminent closure of Trimmingham's/Smith's wherever shall we shop?

Jane

I agree that the Boston port is infinitely easier than NYC. The itinerary does look lovely; you two come up with good picks. I love Bermuda, but with the imminent closure of Trimmingham's/Smith's wherever shall we shop?

Jane

I used to do a ton of business on Bermuda with Pearman-Waldington--they used to have a fine shop or two--long time ago--they maybe long gone, but it will be fun to try to find some old friends. I just have to get Lola in gear--altho I my also consider the Panama Canal trip--did it once on the Sea Goddess, and would like to go back. It would be nice to finish in LA--close to home! We are getting geared up for Istanbul--Athens with daughter--should be fun--I think? We met Martha!!! Had a nice evening with Martha and Chairsin--in Tucson--of course it was Mexican! Don

Jane

I used to do a ton of business on Bermuda with Pearman-Wadlington--they used to have a fine shop or two--long time ago--they maybe long gone, but it will be fun to try to find some old friends. I just have to get Lola in gear--altho I my also consider the Panama Canal trip--did it once on the Sea Goddess, and would like to go back. It would be nice to finish in LA--close to home! We are getting geared up for Istanbul--Athens with daughter--should be fun--I think? We met Martha!!! Had a nice evening with Martha and Chairsin--in Tucson--of course it was Mexican! Don

Archived