Fttf ????????????

casperbks

We are trying F2TF this June on our 8th cruise. Just wondering what it will be like and figured that was one way to find out.

I initially thought it was a waste of money but its sort of worth it just for the early luggage in the cabin and priority tender queue.

If I was a family 4 in one cabin then it would be well worth it every cruise as there is only one charge per cabin.

We are cruising June 8th out of NOLA and just bought a FTTF, not sure why I bought it? I think its because they release so few at a time that everyone feels they may miss out if they dont buy immediately they see it lol

We dont need to be on early or off early, I suppose I will use it to secure the best places in serenity with some towels and a book while we casually unpack and have lunch?:D:D:D

Silly question - but what's a tender?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A tender is a small boat that takes you from the ship anchored out of port over to the port.

There are a few ports that don't have piers for the ships to dock at. Hlaf Moon Cay, Belieze and Grand Cayman just to name a few. In those cases, the ships anchor offshore and you have to take tenders to get to land. There is no charge to the passengers. (You probably pay for it in port charges but just don't know it.)

I thought it was worth it just for getting on the ship early and the early access to the cabin. Even though we dropped our luggage off at the same time mine did not arrive until around 5pm although the same thing happened on our RCI cruise this year. I will definitely buy it again in 2016 if it is available.

On our last cruise when we got to HMC we went to Guest Services and they walked us down to deck 0 and put us on the Tender that was there. We walked right past around 200 people waiting. They were not very happy. On way back we waited just like everyone else to get a tender back to the ship.

For us FTTF is worth getting on ship early and dropping carry on luggage. Then heading to the Lido for lunch before the crowd arrives. We were on board by noon and that was with delayed boarding.

There was no priority tendering on our last cruise. There were too many Diamonds, Platinums and FTTFs. If you had an excursion booked you got off earlier, but not if you just wanted off the ship. I didn't notice a whole lot of FTTF passengers when we were debarking. Maybe they didn't sell as many on that cruise.

I've read that number of FTTF sold depend on the number of Diamonds and Platinums sailing as well. Not sure if it is true but it makes sense with what you said.

There are a few ports that don't have piers for the ships to dock at. Hlaf Moon Cay, Belieze and Grand Cayman just to name a few. In those cases, the ships anchor offshore and you have to take tenders to get to land. There is no charge to the passengers. (You probably pay for it in port charges but just don't know it.)

Thank you! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I purchase the FTTF will I be allowed off the ship earlier at the ports ... I will be on the Dream. Thank you all who reply:cool:

I got off the Carnival Splendor today, and had FTTF. We didn't have any tender ports, but we were able to use the FTTF to cut all of the lines that people were waiting in, to get off the boat (at every port.) When we were ready to get off the boat, we would find the nearest employee, and they would basically usher us to a separate line.

I got off the Carnival Splendor today, and had FTTF. We didn't have any tender ports, but we were able to use the FTTF to cut all of the lines that people were waiting in, to get off the boat (at every port.) When we were ready to get off the boat, we would find the nearest employee, and they would basically usher us to a separate line.

WOW!!!! This is interesting. I thought if it was not a tender port, you had to wait in line with everyone else:confused::confused::confused:

Is this something new?

WOW!!!! This is interesting. I thought if it was not a tender port, you had to wait in line with everyone else:confused::confused::confused:

Is this something new?

I was on Glory last week with FTTF and never had this. Then again, we never asked staff because there is nothing that says that this is included. We were never made aware of this option, if it is one.

I just got off the Slendor also this morning, and when we got in Nassau, the Lobby was full if people lined up waiting to get off the ship, we were told to go to an elevator and we were brought to level 0 and were ushered in front of everyone to get off. I am sure that we gained at least an hour and it was worth every penny :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got off the Slendor also this morning, and when we got in Nassau, the Lobby was full if people lined up waiting to get off the ship, we were told to go to an elevator and we were brought to level 0 and were ushered in front of everyone to get off. I am sure that we gained at least an hour and it was worth every penny :-)

Ugh, I wish I knew that. We had two ports with a really crowded long wait. And had an excursion waiting.

It was definitely worth every penny! Between boarding early, bypassing everyone to get off the boat, not waiting in line at the front desk, and debarking before everyone--- I would happily pay the $50 every time (especially with my 3 kids!)

FYI -- Several FTTF tickets were released today for the 7-11-14, 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Liberty. I had been checking many times a week for the past several months in hopes that more FTTF slots would become available, and today was the day. From most of the comments that I have read on CC, I know that I will not be disappointed that I now have FTTF!!!