New to RCI - still learning the ropes - question regarding call wait times

Hello again - we are booked on our first RCI cruise on the Independence of the Seas this October. I made our reservations directly with RCI. The cruise consultants have all been great - answered my questions - I even caught a drop in the price and the rebooking went very smoothly.

I've called back a few times and encountered very long waits on the phone...I just now hung up after waiting 30 minutes.

Is this normal or might some of you be able to suggest a better time to call?

Thanks in advance for your responses. :)

Hello again - we are booked on our first RCI cruise on the Independence of the Seas this October. I made our reservations directly with RCI. The cruise consultants have all been great - answered my questions - I even caught a drop in the price and the rebooking went very smoothly.

I've called back a few times and encountered very long waits on the phone...I just now hung up after waiting 30 minutes.

As per comments in other threads, with the current promotions on offer hold times are unusually high. I suggest trying off peak time as best you can.

Good luck

Last Sunday, we contacted them around 1300CST. It took over 40 minutes to get to them. On previous occasions, we have encountered 20-30 minute holds. I have never had a call go directly through. Almost immediately we receive the 'we are experiencing a high call volume' and will assist in the order the calls have been received. It's their hoop and we jump through it if we want to get things done.

:D

Brig

I was on hold 30 min. last night which was short compared to Sat. the lady told me that was good as some people are waiting 2 hrs with the promotions. She said set your alarm for 3 in the morning would be the best time to call!