Post cruise Milan or Verona

steph7021

Our cruise ends in Venice and the following day we will be flying from Milan to Casablanca. We have an airport hotel in Milan. Would you spend the afternoon in Verona or go straight to Milan? We will have done Venice pre-cruise. Anyone familiar with the train that runs from Venice to Verona to Milan? If we decided on Verona we'd have luggage to store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are both good options, but I would go for the simpler one of going to Milan. You can at least visit the duomo (be sure to get out on the roof) and walk around the orginal arcade. If you plan ahead (at least three months) you can go online for tickets to see The Last Supper. We did that and found it to be a wonderful, enlightening experience.

Verona has a wonderful arena and the fake Romeo and Juliet balcony. There is great high end shopping in a pedestrian area.

Last Supper....Does anyone have experience buying tickets from the main ticket site? Viva...(something)? It looks like for June they'll sell tickets March 13....but you may have to call?

Edited by steph7021

We would probably head straight to Milan...and here is why! Verona is a nice place to visit (we have spent a few nights in that city) but we think the main attraction is going to an opera performance at the Arena di Verona. This is an ancient Roman theater that hosts the largest opera productions on earth...and it is an amazing experience. They have their operas during most of the summer, one often needs to buy tickets well in advance (you can do this online) and it is one of those events that one should see....even if you are not an opera fan. But the opera performances are only at night. So if one cannot stay in Verona long enough to see the opera, then we would not recommend visiting the city for other then a very quick stop.

Hank

I bought our tickets to see the Last Supper online. I watched until the day was right and had no problem. However if you do have a problem, get on the phone.

I followed advice in Rick Steves' guide. Here are my notes:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g187849-i143-k4374433-o30-Booking_Last_Supper_tickets-Milan_Lombardy.html

PHONE from USA 011 39 02 928 00360

Tram 18: stop Corso Magenta - Santa Maria delle Grazie

Tube MM1: stop Conciliazione o Cadorna

Metro MM2: stop Cadorna

Edited by maryann ns

I bought our tickets to see the Last Supper online. I watched until the day was right and had no problem. However if you do have a problem, get on the phone.

I followed advice in Rick Steves' guide. Here are my notes:

Thank you! I'm going to give it a shot on Thursday!

Ok, well I didn't quite pull myself out of bed early enough to have full choice of all time slots but I purchased the last entry for the day. No problems doing it online through paypal. It was a bit awkward but I was determined!!

We are going to stop in Verona for a couple of hours...I am traveling with 2 18 year old girls that at least want to go see the fake Juliet balcony :) Now I'm trying to figure out if we should purchase train tickets ahead of time for best price? But then if the ship is late....it's MSC due into Venice at 10am that day.