Calmest Seas

I reckon from late Jan through to early April tends to be the most settled time of year. The centres of the high pressure systems are south enough to block the procession of cold fronts that hit Tasmania and the south island of NZ every few days during the spring and early summer and you get periods of many days of calm weather (like right now). However, there will always times where you get a period of bad weather that will last 24 - 48 hours like Sea Princess copped earlier in the week.

When are the calmest seas for cruising Australia and New Zealand?

you cant predict the weather, one day fine and the next day could be lousy.....book the cruise you want and hope the weather is kind to you

you cant predict the weather, one day fine and the next day could be lousy.....book the cruise you want and hope the weather is kind to you

Too right. In almost every cruise, you're bound to get some rough seas. All part of the adventure. Don't forget large ships these days have stablisers that try and minimise the motion from the waves. I recall being in 5 metre waves on my South Pacific cruise last month (on the Rhapsody Of The Seas) and I didn't feel a thing.