Beach Club Cost -- Advance vs Last Minute

ALadyNCal

Have read about at least four beach clubs that would be great. Allot of it has to do with cost. We don't need unlimited drinks and food so I hesitate to pay for those clubs. On our cruise (late April), there will only be two ships in port. Is there any discounts for some of the beach clubs if you just book LAST MINUTE in person? Or the prices are all set regardless? Yes, I realize some beach clubs have a limit and might be booked that day. BUT there are so many great ones to choose from that I'm sure something worthwhile would be available.

We want a beautiful beach, shade, snorkeling out front, and good food. A la carte would be great but I am considering a few of the AI clubs that are $50 or less per person. I did see the (very helpful) recent thread with descriptions http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1920888

Have not been to Costa Maya port but previously stayed in Riviera Maya and know they have some gorgeous beaches there!

Anyway, does anyone have feedback about 'last minute discounts' for the beach clubs? Otherwise I will try to narrow it down and make an advanced reservation :) Thanks!

Edited by ALadyNCal

You can stop at any beach club along the malecon (except for Nohoch Kay) without a reservation. Just walk along and find a lounger. Your cost is the cost of whatever you eat or drink. Most clubs are assuming you'll have at least one drink and hopefully more. What's different is the service levels and how busy a club is. Some clubs have good reputations, like Tropicante, Pez Quadro, Black Pearl, and 100% Agave (which I understand recently re-opened)). Nacional Beach club is good too, owned by expats, but in the past has tended to cater to staying guests. Clubs closer to the first taxi/bus stops , like Tequila Beach, CocoCorona, Sr Frogs, tend to be more crowded and thus have poorer service. Prices of food and drink do vary club to club.

Places south of the malecon like Almaplena and Maya Chan are A.I. exclusive and you do need advanced reservations. Pez Quadro offers an A.I. discount via their website, you might check that out.