Do they still have the unlimited drink package?

Megan_Strick

I think it depends on the ship you are on if they have it or not....

I called and asked and it was $50/day for each day and everyone in the cabin over 21 must buy one.

You get 15 alcohol drinks, up to $10/each.... (unlimited sodas)

For alcohol? I am taking my son on a cruise for his 21st and I'm sure it will be cheaper to get that. Each person in the room has to get it right?

Yes. The drink package is called Cheers. It runs $57 and change per day with the tip that is added for you. Everyone 21 and over in the stateroom must purchase the package in order to get it.

Ships that do 3 night cruises, regardless of whether you are on a 3 night cruise, do not have Cheers available though.

Hope you have a great time celebrating your DS's birthday!

do you think you be purchasing 6 drinks a day?

It kind of adds up quickly....

because one at breakfast, one at the pool, another at lunch, mid day drink, diner and two at night. is what i'm planning. I bought it for me but I'm the only one in my cabin above 21. I'm going with my 3 kids. It also includes the unlimited sodas

We didnt purchase it on our cruise and I wish we had. I hardly drink so I didnt think it would be worth it but we easily spent $750 on drinks when we could have done $500 for the week plus tips. Drinks add up quickly. Also consider what your port schedule is. If your cruise is port intensive it may not be worth it.

I'm also curious... I thought I read somewhere that they cut you off after 15 drinks during a 6am to 6am 24hr period??

Not sure if it covers the 'drink of the day' either

I'm also curious... I thought I read somewhere that they cut you off after 15 drinks during a 6am to 6am 24hr period??

We read that too! Also that the drinks must be ordered 5 minutes apart.

Then, from what I've read ... after 15 drinks no more were allowed even if you paid for them. Seems to be so many rules involved. :confused:

Does anyone know if drinks at Half Moon Cay are included in this package?

LuLu

~~~

We bought it on Valor a couple of weeks since, I thought on a long day I might not have enough drinks at 15. on holiday I class myself as a steady but heavy drinker, but when we got our itemised bill only one out of the six days did we get close to the 15 mark, some days we only had 7 or 8. The cocktails were approximately $9 per drink, draught Thirsty frog was around €6, as was the lager/light beers, if you only budget to buy $6 beers you're in front after nine beers, I tended after eating to drink Whiskey and dry ginger which I think ran out at $7, we tallied all our drinks up and were well in front with the cheers package, well worth it!

Still cannot understand why they will not include coffee, even if it counted to the 15 limit, I would buy the package if it did....oh well.

Can't remember for certain but I thought that tea and coffee were free on vending machines in Rosie's cafe area on the Valor.

Can't remember for certain but I thought that tea and coffee were free on vending machines in Rosie's cafe area on the Valor.

I think they are referring to specialty coffees. Most ships have a paid generic Starbucks type coffee shop onboard now.

We read that too! Also that the drinks must be ordered 5 minutes apart.

Then, from what I've read ... after 15 drinks no more were allowed even if you paid for them. Seems to be so many rules involved. :confused:

Does anyone know if drinks at Half Moon Cay are included in this package?

LuLu

~~~

That one seems to be unclear.

Some people were told they could start buying drinks at #13 or 14 and were able to keep drinking. Then they ordered their last "free" drink or two at the end of the night.

Another lady came on here complaining because her son hit the 15 and was able to purchase more drinks. She was under the impression he couldn't. When she complained to Guest Services she was told it wasn't their policy.

Others have been cut off and unable to buy after 15.