Transfers from Marco Polo Airport to Hotel

Diva Onboard

Hi all,

We are looking for detailed information on how to get from the Marco Polo airport to our hotel - The Bauer Hotel, Venice - located at S. Marco 1459.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Edited by Diva Onboard

This is Venice!! Arrive in style and start your trip out right. In Venice the only way to do this is by Water Taxi direct from the airport (Marco Polo) to the door of your hotel which is on the Grand Canal near St Marks.

The water taxi was wonderful and gave us such a thrill after out long flight from the west coast. It was fun and woke us up and helped to really get the excitement going!

Have a magical time in Venice!

You can pre-book water taxis ahead of time or just go to the water taxi desk just out side of the arrivals hall. Very east 5 min walk to the docks outside the door of the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

For those carrying a lot of luggage, is there an alternate shuttle service (shared van, perhaps) that is recommended? This is not for me, but for two ladies we know who likely will not be able to schlub their luggage to a water taxi, unfortunately, in order to get from the airport to their hotel in the Piazzale Roma.

Edited by TravlGrl

There is a regularly scheduled bus which will take you from the airport to PIazzale Roma for very little. You do need to load your own luggage and it can be crowded. Then Vaporetto to the hotel.

Just a though and an alternative

Cheers, Kenn

There is a regularly scheduled bus which will take you from the airport to PIazzale Roma for very little. You do need to load your own luggage and it can be crowded. Then Vaporetto to the hotel.

Just a though and an alternative

Cheers, Kenn

Is this a bus that should be reserved in advance? Or, is this a city bus?

For those carrying a lot of luggage, is there an alternate shuttle service (shared van, perhaps) that is recommended? This is not for me, but for two ladies we know who likely will not be able to schlub their luggage to a water taxi, unfortunately, in order to get from the airport to their hotel in the Piazzale Roma.

Which hotel ?

There are luggage carts in the airport to take to the pier if they can manage the walk for 7-8 minutes.

They could take a land taxi to Piazale Roma. It will cost about 45E. There's a taxi line at the airport just like any other. Follow the signs.

A cheaper option is the ATVO airport express bus. My mother who is 82 used it on our last 2 trips without any problems. It's like a greyhound bus with a hold underneath for luggage. 15-20 minutes and I think 7E. Buses load just outside the airport exit doors, (maybe you walk across one lane of the driveway?) you'll either see the bus or their blue signs. It was pretty convenient and easy for us.

Lots of info in this link:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/arriving_in_venice_by_air.htm

Which hotel ?

There are luggage carts in the airport to take to the pier if they can manage the walk for 7-8 minutes.

They could take a land taxi to Piazale Roma. It will cost about 45E. There's a taxi line at the airport just like any other. Follow the signs.

A cheaper option is the ATVO airport express bus. My mother who is 82 used it on our last 2 trips without any problems. It's like a greyhound bus with a hold underneath for luggage. 15-20 minutes and I think 7E. Buses load just outside the airport exit doors, (maybe you walk across one lane of the driveway?) you'll either see the bus or their blue signs. It was pretty convenient and easy for us.

Lots of info in this link:

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/arriving_in_venice_by_air.htm

Ok, thanks for that info! They haven't decided on which hotel yet, but their short list (I think -- and it's based on info I've given them!) is -- Ca Doge or Hotel Arlechinno.

The walking to the water taxi docks is not any distance different than walking out the front door to the airport and getting a shuttle, bus or taxi. The big difference is that in many cases (depending on your hotel) the water taxi can "Drop you off at the door step of your hotel" while all other modes of transportation can only get you to Piazzale Roma and from there you WILL need to schlep your bags the one, two, or however many blocks to your hotel. Remember there are no cars on the island, Piazzale Roma is as far as you can go and it's on foot from there or water bus or water taxi.

Is the price spendy ?? You bet but what a way to wake up from your long flight and see your first glimpse of Venice in style! Our water taxi took us completely around the Grand Canal and under the Rialto Bridge and it was marvelous. Then dropped us off at our hotel water taxi dock.... They loaded our bags and the hotel unloaded them. We shared our water taxi between 4 ladies so the price was not bad at all. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

The walking to the water taxi docks is not any distance different than walking out the front door to the airport and getting a shuttle, bus or taxi.

This is not exactly accurate. It is several hundred yards walk from the front doors of the airport to the water taxi/Alilaguna dock. It is certainly significantly longer than 'stepping out the door'. I just don't want people to have the wrong impression.

OTOH it is a flat walk and luggage carts are available

This is not exactly accurate. It is several hundred yards walk from the front doors of the airport to the water taxi/Alilaguna dock. It is certainly significantly longer than 'stepping out the door'. I just don't want people to have the wrong impression.

OTOH it is a flat walk and luggage carts are available

Humm I don't know, leave the front door of the airport, take the side walk to the left and walk on a paved walk way for about 4ish minutes....

I don't know what could be easier, given the fact that you get your luggage loaded and then get the most beautiful ride across the lagoon and up the Grand Canal! Boy talk about arriving in style :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ok, thanks for that info! They haven't decided on which hotel yet, but their short list (I think -- and it's based on info I've given them!) is -- Ca Doge or Hotel Arlechinno.

The Ca Doge is right on the Piazzale Roma, so a taxi can drop them off at the door or they can walk 1/2 block from the bus stop.

The Arlechinno is a couple of blocks and 1 bridge to cross.

Use the map in the link I posted earlier; in the hotel guide section

The Ca Doge is right on the Piazzale Roma, so a taxi can drop them off at the door or they can walk 1/2 block from the bus stop.

The Arlechinno is a couple of blocks and 1 bridge to cross.

Use the map in the link I posted earlier; in the hotel guide section

Ooooooo, very helpful. I hadn't seen that map earlier. Thanks!