2-22-03-01-2014 Oasis of the Seas Trip

Flew from Phila, Pa. to FLL the day of trip as always in the past; we are quite fortunate to have an airport so close that the flights are direct to wherever we want to go, but we also purchase insurance for cancellations.

We were on this same ship along with the same room #7584 ocean front balcony 3 years ago and nothing has changed as far as I can tell, wonderful location and cabin steward. As we told him the first day, "we left our daughter at home and you won't have any hard work and/or maintenance with us" my wife could give him a run for his money.

The weather for 5 of the 7 days were wonderful, but on the other hand even at 70-75 deg. cloudy, windy and some drizzle for the other two days were far better than we had in the Philadelphia, Pa., vicinity for the past 3 months.

We ate every night MTD in the 5th floor dining room, never waited more than 10 min, if that, and had the same waiter and assistant for 6 of the 7 nights, they were also wonderful and the food, in our opinion was more than delicious and sometimes I had at least 2 entrees that including the deserts were just the correct proportion.

Every morning and 6 of the 7 days we ate in the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch, even tho the choice is not what it used to be and we prefer the cafeteria style in the ships below this class we didn't find any problems finding something to our liking and were very pleased to say the least. On one of the days for lunch we decided to try Johnny Rockets and with Hot Dog, Salad and Milkshakes they were also very good.

As for the shows we didn't do as much as on our previous trip, but I can say we didn't do the Comedy Show the first time but we did it this time and it was hilarious, other than that there were some others I can't remember but they were also very good.

As for the ports of call, Nassau they could keep cruising by, St Thomas was better, but not by much; the area downtown seems to us they don't take any pride and cleanliness for the amount of visitors that go to that location, and St Maarten as for us is a wonderful location, whether you stay in the area or travel over the the other tourist locations, we have seen that area go from a run down section to getting more beautiful each time we visit there.

As to the ship itself for all the years now that is has been in service we feel it is as beautiful as ever.

Now as to the controversial points that are forever listed on this board I will start with the Dining Room Dress Codes: I would say at least 80% every night persons are dressed more than appropriately and the remaining group look like heck mildly stated). Why RCCL tolerates this, who knows, I would assume they don't want to offend anyone.

And now the infamous Smoking Story: Every day from the beginning, whether on the Oasis or the other ships parked nearby in ports I would look at all the balcony's and barely for all the units there never seems to be anyone ever on them, including us and as far as we are concerned the smoking on the balcony issues are blown way out of proportion, and by the way I never saw anyone smoking on them on this trip, so I guess the new rule for that purpose is working. But on the other hand up on the 15-16th floors where the smoking areas are, many, many persons are smoking, whether it be cigarettes, cigars and pipes from early in the morning to late at night; I guess RCCL doesn't want to offend those persons either.

For us it was a wonderful vacation, we wish they would place a ship of this class or one below in San Juan so as we could travel the Southern route. The Adventure of the Seas needs to be replaced.

Sincerely, Ron and Carla M