Beach canopies

Babyvegas

Not sure, but why? There are plenty of umbrellas set up for your use. If there aren't any at the beginning of the beach, just walk a little farther.

I'm not trying to be critical...it just seems like one less thing I'd have to pack, carry, etc. I always seem to pack too much!

Edited by moki'smommy

We have a huge family and don't wanna take up all the chairs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are plenty of chairs and loungers, I have never seen canopy/gazebo on CC. They don't let you take your own float so I would imagine they would be out too.

We do use one at the coast here but I honestly wouldn't take one with us.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

We have a huge family and don't wanna take up all the chairs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem, there are enough chairs for all guests on the ship. You paid for them, why not use them? You can move them around so you all are closer, but most chairs on the family beach are pretty close together anyway.

You can see in this picture, each umbrella has two loungers and 2 sand chairs. Many people take the sand chairs down to the waterline and sit in the water.

33upxs1.jpg

14ah9ao.jpg

There are more chairs on the family beach than there are people on the ship--so no worries there. Of course, you won't fit all the chairs under one umbrella.

ON the ship, we are very polite and take one chair for the family (which mom usually sits in while the others swim, run around, etc.) But on Castaway, we claim one chair for each person when we stake out our spot in the morning, knowing that we will want to lounge out together part of the time.

DVC was giving pop-up cabanas/canopies away during their member meets on our Fantasy cruises last summer - and encouraging their use on CC. I don't think I saw any - and we didn't use ours - but I can see them being useful for families with small kids who want more shade near the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is this the type of canopy you are thinking of?

Cover_zps9fa78228.jpg

Or the small ones for a baby?

I can't imagine trying to haul something like that canopy onboard, on a plane, anywhere.

We took a small banner one time, and that was a big enough pain in the patoot.

Here's a picture of that "little" one, stored and ready to go. And it weighs 6 pounds....that's a LOT to either try to put in your luggage or check through.

I guess I'm thinking there's plenty of shade, without the hassle. Vacations should be as stress-free as possible! :)

SORRY THE PICTURE IS SO BIG!!

can_zps9e66500f.jpg

On one of the Disney Facebook groups this morning someone put up a picture of a full size tent a family pitched in front of al the chairs on the family beach. Blocking the view for a number of families who had already set up in the area under the regular umbrellas. :confused:

On one of the Disney Facebook groups this morning someone put up a picture of a full size tent a family pitched in front of al the chairs on the family beach. Blocking the view for a number of families who had already set up in the area under the regular umbrellas. :confused:

Joyful. Must be the same people who try to save a whole row of seats in the Walt Disney Theater.

There is actually plenty of shade on CC as you move further back from the water. And the further back you go, the more hammock access you have too! I'd try to get the family off the ship as early as possible to claim one of these spots, however. They do tend to fill rather quickly.

There is actually plenty of shade on CC as you move further back from the water. And the further back you go, the more hammock access you have too! I'd try to get the family off the ship as early as possible to claim one of these spots, however. They do tend to fill rather quickly.

I disagree with the part about the spots filling up early. Of course, it depends on what size ship you are on...The spots nearest to the ship do fill up, but we've never had a problem when we walked a little farther down the beach. If you are on the Magic or Wonder, no worries at all...the island is equipped to handle the 4000 guests on the Dream/Fantasy, so 2500-2700 on the classic ships is an easy load.

Still, on the Dream or Fantasy, just walk a little. There are plenty of umbrellas and hammocks.