MSC Divina - where can you eat for free?

kj_connections

Aside from the buffet and main dining room, what are other free options for food/snack? Is there anything by the pool where you can get burger or fries for free like other major cruise lines?

Burger, fries hot dogs are all the the buffet area, not outside by the pool.

We have cruised a lot with carnival and a few times with Royal Caribbean

And I have to say that's one of the things I like better about carnival, when your on the lido deck hanging out by the pool you are right there by the food. If you want a snack you just walk over and get it, same with drinks. On the Freedom of the Seas (RC) it wasn't that way, you had to go quite a way and drag that stuff back to your pool area. Kind of I convenient . :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Aside from the buffet and main dining room, what are other free options for food/snack? Is there anything by the pool where you can get burger or fries for free like other major cruise lines?

Something MSC needs to address is a little stand/buffet by the pool for snacks, it keeps the bathing suits out of the buffets which a few people complained about!

The buffet hours are long, 20 hours a day, a lot better then RCL which closes at 9:30 pm so that's a plus!

Just to clarify the Divina room service issue. I brought home the menu and it states "A $3.50 delivery fee will apply to orders between 23:00 and 06:00."

Also, the menu is very limited to 14 items: soup, antipasto, mozzarella caprese, mediterranean salad, chicken caesar salad, smoked salmon sandwich, tuna salad sandwich, ham and cheese salad, egg salad sandwich, grilled veggie sandwich, cheese plate, fruit plate, chocolate brownie with vanilla sauce and chocolate chip cookies.

Pizza (that you pay $8-$13) is a complete separate menu and can be ordered up until midnight.

Free pizza in the buffet is available until midnight too. After that they have a sandwich station open until the wee hours. It also includes a couple of salads.

Croissants and limited pastries are available (free of charge) in Divina Bar and Cafe Italia from 6:00-12noon. I also found cookies at the Divina Bar in the afternoon but these were not advertised in the daily like croissants are in the morning.

Self serve ice-cream is available in the Aqua Park (free of charge) from 2-5pm.

The sweets you pay for are reasonably priced from around $1.50 for cupcakes and $2-$3ish for the cakes. I personally didn't try any of them. Gelato/ice cream was $2/small and $4/ large. There were also some more expensive ice cream concoctions available in the Aqua Park but I didn't bother as the small was more than enough for me. Nutella crepes were either $3.50 or $3.95 and I didn't try that either.

EVERY time I passed the specialty restaurants they were empty. I heard several comments from people that they found the a la carte pricing too expensive especially for families and I tend to agree.

The sweets you pay for are reasonably priced from around $1.50 for cupcakes and $2-$3ish for the cakes. I personally didn't try any of them. .

Ohh cannolis and champagne, where just divine together. :D Ok I have wierd taste.