Carnival Magic Roatan Itinerary question.

We've made in in twice on Princess, and we were unable to port in January on the Dream. It was extremely windy and rainy this day, and since we had experienced backing up through the channel to dock, we weren't expecting to make it, but the captain tried at least 4 times. We actually missed 2 of our 4 ports on this cruise. We are hoping to make it in on our cruise in May;)

Been twice on the legend in July and Sept respectively - both times got in no problem

We were on the LEGEND for three B2B'S NOV. JAN & FEB & missed it three times. Once on every B2B. When we were there we loved it. So easy with the scooters even went to the beach, rode down there anyway.

It's hard to imagine this being there 4 times, docking at Coxen with no problems..Sounds like we need to stay away from Carnival on the Roatan itinerary. I feel bad for you missing it so much..

We were on the LEGEND for three B2B'S NOV. JAN & FEB & missed it three times. Once on every B2B. When we were there we loved it. So easy with the scooters even went to the beach, rode down there anyway.

The HAL Ryndam is scheduled to dock at Coxen the day we are there, so we will have to hope the weather gods are good to us.

Hi we were on the Magic in August 2012 and missed Mahogany Bay due to the high winds. However, the Captain was able to secure us a spot at the Coxon Hole pier.

It's hard to imagine this being there 4 times, docking at Coxen with no problems..Sounds like we need to stay away from Carnival on the Roatan itinerary. I feel bad for you missing it so much..

We've made it all three times we've had it scheduled on Carnival. Twice on January sailings and once in September. It all just depends on weather. I also think the larger ships like Magic, Dream, and Breeze are more prone to miss it over the smaller ones since the channel is so narrow at Mahogany.

At Mahagony Bay, the tourist area is right off the ship...

DSC02326_zps24799906.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

Coxen Hole is just around the corner from Mahagony Bay and, again, your ship will be docked at the tourist area. Here is a view of the port from our deck 10 balcony on Carnival Magic...

DSC00865.jpg

Here's hoping you get to dock at one of these ports--either way, Bon Voyage!

It was cold, raining, WINDY and we still landed. Wind gusts in the 40-mph range. Every ship excursion was cancelled, and most of the private ones as well. Mahagony Bay was shut down, the overhead tram to the beach--shut down, zip lines-shut down, & we still landed. Winds strong enough to completely uproot & topple over a 5" diameter tree planted at the port (they were cutting it up with chain saws when we finally decided to walk around a little bit in port).

So I don't think you have anything to worry about. :D

This makes me feel better. 5th time to Roatan, but like I said earlier, first to Mahogany and the post that said if it is windy at all you will miss it...I really think a lot of it depends on who's driving, like who's got the reins here in Tx. Thanks again, and thanks to above for nice pictures...Photo from a few years back at Coxen.Both ends of the rainbow.

It was cold, raining, WINDY and we still landed. Wind gusts in the 40-mph range. Every ship excursion was cancelled, and most of the private ones as well. Mahagony Bay was shut down, the overhead tram to the beach--shut down, zip lines-shut down, & we still landed. Winds strong enough to completely uproot & topple over a 5" diameter tree planted at the port (they were cutting it up with chain saws when we finally decided to walk around a little bit in port).

So I don't think you have anything to worry about. :D

SANY1837.jpg

photo hosting sites

SANY1835.jpg

take screen shot

We missed it on our Dream cruise. Funny thing was we were less than 100 feet from the dock when the captain pulled away. The weather was clear and as far as we could tell, it wasn't that windy. We were all dumbfounded that he was that close, then pulled away. We wound up with an extra sea day.

Hi. I am curious if they gave you an explanation ?

We missed it on our Dream cruise. Funny thing was we were less than 100 feet from the dock when the captain pulled away. The weather was clear and as far as we could tell, it wasn't that windy. We were all dumbfounded that he was that close, then pulled away. We wound up with an extra sea day.